If i wanted aluminum...

Norman_the_Owl

If i were looking for aluminum sheets at 1mm thick, where would LTT recommend i buy from?

Onlinemetals.com is where i'm looking at right now

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Your local hardware store? 

They will most likely carry sheets of aluminium.

If you want anything bigger there are usually plain old steel shops

Also with 1mil sheets. Wear gloves!

I got to see my tendon after handling .7mm steel... It's not pleasant

wJr3Hpsl.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You should ask around the metal fabrication places near you. If they don't have it they should know the best place to send you. I did this the last time I needed a small sheet of stainless. I do live in Aus but I figure the industry there would have to work somewhat the same

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

yeah I would agree, most hardware shops stock a small amount of thin sheet metals.

if you want a certain grade or thicker again you would goto a steel shop

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Also with 1mil sheets. Wear gloves!

I got to see my tendon after handling .7mm steel... It's not pleasant

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll check out a couple of places, then i'll order online if i have to.

And gloves for sure, better safe than sorry

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll check out a couple of places, then i'll order online if i have to.

And gloves for sure, better safe than sorry

Better safe than bleeding all over the store and almost causing an attendant to pass out*  :P

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If i were looking for aluminum sheets at 1mm thick, where would LTT recommend i buy from?

Onlinemetals.com is where i'm looking at right now

McMaster-Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-aluminum-sheets/=w41xsb

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

you did that in store? nice lol

Yup. Grabbed the sheets and carried them without gloves to the register. (Had gloves in my pocket.. But they are no help in there)

Then i went to put them down. Middle sheet slipped, Carved my finger open. Did not notice until i heard a light dripping sound on the floor 

Yup. Grabbed the sheets and carried them without gloves to the register. (Had gloves in my pocket.. But they are no help in there)

Then i went to put them down. Middle sheet slipped, Carved my finger open. Did not notice until i heard a light dripping sound on the floor 

I feel bad for laughing at that, lol.

Poor employees

Dont you mean ALUMINIUM????? 

keep on diggin

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Dont you mean ALUMINIUM????? 

keep on diggin

I live in america, where it's called aluminum, and where you'll get shot for calling it aluminium

I live in america, where it's called aluminum, and where you'll get shot for calling it aluminium

It's not called aluminum; it's just a general acceptance of a mistake made on purpose to reduce number of letter needed to print(back when one extra letter means expensive).

It's still Aluminium; don't make a mistake just because everyone around you do it.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

while I have never cut myself badly on sheet metal my dad who worked at a sheet metal shop doing installations has about 30% movement left in his left hand after slicing a few tendons a few times last one he sliced right across the palm of his hand when falling off a ladder installing a panel and is cut really deep other normally it was just one finger at a time not his full palm. He cant even really hold a hand full of screws in that hand anymore since he cant close it to the point to really hold them

yes I was just trying to start a war.... lol im from america too so I call it aluminum but its just funny to see reactions

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

It's not called aluminum; it's just a general acceptance of a mistake made on purpose to reduce number of letter needed to print(back when one extra letter means expensive).

It's still Aluminium; don't make a mistake just because everyone around you do it.

"The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element in 1990 but, three years later, recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant."

Calling it a mistake is more wrong than saying aluminum

while I have never cut myself badly on sheet metal my dad who worked at a sheet metal shop doing installations has about 30% movement left in his left hand after slicing a few tendons a few times last one he sliced right across the palm of his hand when falling off a ladder installing a panel and is cut really deep other normally it was just one finger at a time not his full palm. He cant even really hold a hand full of screws in that hand anymore since he cant close it to the point to really hold them

There are some real horror stories about sheet metal. In short. don't mess with it because it will fuck you up  :mellow:

There are some real horror stories about sheet metal. In short. don't mess with it because it will fuck you up  :mellow:

Im not all that afraid of it myself but that is because my grandfather, father and brother all work in sheet metal and I have been around it all my life if I wanted to make something with sheet metal I would just walk out back and grab some lol

Im not all that afraid of it myself but that is because my grandfather, father and brother all work in sheet metal and I have been around it all my life if I wanted to make something with sheet metal I would just walk out back and grab some lol

My dad got me into welding when i was 12^^ So i'm quite familiar with it too.

A bit jealous about the ease of access situation you have though. I need to get a place with a yard so i can store some materials!

My dad got me into welding when i was 12^^ So i'm quite familiar with it too.

A bit jealous about the ease of access situation you have though. I need to get a place with a yard so i can store some materials!

And here i am asking where to buy this stuff. Dat juxtaposition

"The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element in 1990 but, three years later, recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant."

Calling it a mistake is more wrong than saying aluminum

They did it in 1990 and found out that Amerikans are still being hipsters.

That's still a mistake on Amerikan's part; and then mistake on IUPAC for accepting their mistake.

"More wrong" is wrong; there is no "more wrong."

They did it in 1990 and found out that Amerikans are being hipsters.

That's still a mistake on Amerikan's part.

What about "Recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant" don't you understand?

What about "Recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant" don't you understand?

They recognized a mistake.  That does not mean it's not a mistake.

Do you not understand?

Did you even read?

I already posted that.

And here i am asking where to buy this stuff. Dat juxtaposition

If you lived in my area i could direct you to a good place. But you are in jersey so i can't :/