First Pc Build. Please help me make the right decisions.

Draven

Hey all,

This will be my first build ever and I need your help. I have $600 to spend on components but it would be nice if it could go lower. Currently, I've been looking at this  $600 build:

http://elitegamingcomputers.com/good-cheap-gaming-computers/#22

My question is how long will a computer with these specs last before I have to upgrade? Its description states that the motherboard will not allow for a lot of overclocking. What exactly does this mean? Should it be a concern? Please suggest components that will make better substitutes.

I play a lot of League of Legends and also use Photoshop and hope to get a better pc for 3D work. Also, will it be able to run the Witcher 3 and GTA5 at max?

Definitely not going to max out a lot of the newer games, mostly because of that cpu being a bottleneck. You are better off getting an i3 if you can't mange an i5. Even an 8320 would be super terrible if you want to save money. But not a 6300. Looks fine otherwise.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I can tell you right away that, the 600 dollar pc will not run it at max. depends on res tho. it will run LoL.

Also never buy a AMD cpu for gaming. Get an i3.

Definitely not going to max out a lot of the newer games, mostly because of that cpu being a bottleneck. You are better off getting an i3 if you can't mange an i5. Even an 8320 would be super terrible if you want to save money. But not a 6300. Looks fine otherwise.

Thanks for answering. I looked up the i3 processor on newegg and I honestly have no idea what the difference is between all the buy options. How much of a difference will a i3 make when compared to the 6300? Money wise it's just ~$10. Also, less core processors means it is a stronger cpu?

Thanks for answering. I looked up the i3 processor on newegg and I honestly have no idea what the difference is between all the buy options. How much of a difference will a i3 make when compared to the 6300? Money wise it's just ~$10. Also, less core processors means it is a stronger cpu?

Games like to use stronger cores, a i3 has 2 cores compared to 6300's 6 but each core on the i3 is nearly twice as powerful. Most games will only use 1-4 cores. 4 and beyond is actually rare. Less cores does not mean more powerful cpu, more cores is better but not at the cost of having bad single core performance like amd cpu's currently have.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Basically intel has less cores that are way better for gaming, amd has more cores which can usually be better for productivity at the same price point as the equivalent intel cpu because productivity tasks can use all cores depending on the program.

Games like to use stronger cores, a i3 has 2 cores compared to 6300's 6 but each core on the i3 is nearly twice as powerful. Most games will only use 1-4 cores. 4 and beyond is actually rare. Less cores does not mean more powerful cpu, more cores is better but not at the cost of having bad single core performance like amd cpu's currently have.

Alright thanks for the info. Will any i3 processor do? And will GTA5 run in med. settings at a good frame rate?

Alright thanks for the info. Will any i3 processor do? And will GTA5 run in med. settings at a good frame rate?

It's hard to say for a game that hasn't come out yet. Most i3's are basically the same with slightly different clock speeds.