Looking for a good 1440p gaming monitor

Jimbojim

Hello everyone, I currently game at 1080p and I want to upgrade to a 1440p and while I am doing a lot of research I still dont know what is the best for the money for gaming predominantly.

60hz vs 120-140hz

TN vs IPS

G-sync really worth the price difference?

Id like my screen to be 27inches

I know the asus rog swift carries a hefty price tag but I wont discard it if its the gamechanger its rumored to be. But I'm not looking to pay 1000$CAN if won't notice a difference compared to a 500$ one.

P.S. I want to game at 60fps minimum.

Let me know if you need my pc specs.

AOC 24" LED G-Sync g2460Pg this maybe?

And yes, g sync is awsome.

go korean

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

Carnoustie

Do you have any models in mind?

Those Korean monitors are still upwards of 350 USD. And the fact that they put out the disclaimer about "may have dead pixels", does not comfort me...knowing that for an RMA process I have to pay shipping back to Korea.

Research, research, research. The AOC is only 349 for 27", but is only 1080p...but does have 144hz refresh.

One thought though, will 1080 vs 1440 really make a difference? I sold high end electronics for 5 years. I sold alot of smaller 1080p led tvs, all super ips. But I would never buy 1080p on anything under 32", myself. We had several in the same size at 720p and 1080p, all in the same area. At sizes that small, side by side, the pixels are so close together that I had to be right on top of them to tell a difference. I'm talking about 6 inches max. And my eyes are not bad.

I think its gonna be the same way with 1080 vs 1440. I just need to find some place where they have them side by side to compare.