Games alt+tabbing randomly

IrshaadH

As the title implies, I've been having a problem recently with games switching to desktop randomly.  I have a feeling some background process is taking priority over the game, but I'm unsure as to how I can troubleshoot this.  Any help would be much appreciated!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

As the title implies, I've been having a problem recently with games switching to desktop randomly.  I have a feeling some background process is taking priority over the game, but I'm unsure as to how I can troubleshoot this.  Any help would be much appreciated!

do u have like malware or something like that on ur pc?

Mine sometimes randomly opens chrome. I just came to accept that sometimes weird shit happens.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

I scanned with MalwareBytes and found nothing, but AVG detected two Trojan horses lurking in one of my program folders.  I'll see if the problem persists now that those trojans have been removed.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

do u have like malware or something like that on ur pc?

I scanned with MalwareBytes and found nothing, but AVG detected two Trojan horses lurking in one of my program folders.  I'll see if the problem persists now that those trojans have been removed.

easiest way to overcome it if it is a priority thing is to open task manager and under the processes tab click you game, then right click it, then click set priority and then select high. this will make it the top priority of all the other processes running. 

it shouldn't have any adverse effects on any other processes, but should stop it pulling you back to the desktop. my guesses the cause of it is windows update centre. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Mine sometimes randomly opens chrome. I just came to accept that sometimes weird shit happens.

That's a big red flag, you should probably do a very thorough malware scan. 

i7-4790K / Noctua NH-D14 / 16GB Patriot Signature / MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition / MSI R9 390 8GB / ASUS VG248QE + ASUS VX228 / 120GB 840 EVO + 2TB/1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Samsung 840 EVO / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 / Windows 10 Pro / Sennheiser HD 558 / Ducky Shine 4 / Logitech G602 / NZXT H440 / Wii U / MH4U NN3DS / Currently listening to: Nintendo music

It is probably a programme in your taskbar doing it. I get it sometimes with some games and some programms. If you change your game to run in fullscreen windowed it should stop. If all else fails get rid of some stuff in the taskbar. It's unlikely malware, but if everyone else is saying it is probably that then there is no harm in doing a scan or two. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

umm that's not normal, you should scan your PC asap.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

I noticed it started when I replaced my corsair m65 to the Logitech g502. Could it be that the mouse software is causing this?

Hi,

I have the same problem lately. No clue so far, what is causing this... But I don't think it's malware.

Basicly every program could be the root of evil. So: uninstalling/stop-ing every background process is the next step for me. Or I just wipe and reload my OS.

edit: Maybe it's afterburner... It is the only software, that I updated lately

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901