What to Change, MOBO or CPU ?

Hezork

Hi there guys.

I have a problem. I was building a new pc and some Thermal paste goes down to the CPU, the part that connects to the socket on the MOBO, and it goes to the socket on the mobo too :S.

I have go to a store of pc's and they have clean the cpu with a special product.

I came home build everything up, im running windows, but when i play games pufff, low fps, on every game, even with every settings on low.

Btw i have tested the GPU on a pc of my friend and it works great, everything on high/ultra settings.

Games tested:

World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Cs:GO

My Spec's:

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

CPU: AMD FX-8350

MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming

Power Supply: 700w

Keep your current setup. Save money. Wait for AMD's Zen and Intel's Skylake. Just RMA your board? 

Edit: Does everything still owkr?

Everything is working, but i want to play games xD, and i want to know whats wrong with my pc xD

Whats the low frame rate youre getting? Give details about everything so people can help. Youre leaving too much info out.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

i got like 20-40 fps on every game. Im not getting high temperatures on the cpu too.

The setup on my friend its the same as mine xD, everything is the same xD

Did you look at the socket before putting the CPU on it to make sure no thermal paste got rubbed into one of the pin slots? On AMD the CPU has the pins and it could have pushed some in? Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the latest drivers for your hardware? I've seen weirder things than driver issues with the same hardware after being torn apart. If none of that works a clean windows install would could be a good thing to try next.

I have tried a new windows install and all drivers are updated.

Try uninstalling your drivers then reinstalling even if they are the latest ones. Is your gpu in the original pci lane when you installed the driver?

os? ram?

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.