which cpu for triple screen setup?

hello guys,

i wanna build an new pc with 3 screens. my budget is 500 dollar. i think i am going to use 2 graphics cards. my question is if i can do this with a intel core-i3 processor.

parts i already have from old pc:

-nvidia Geforce 7950gt (i have 2 monitors on it now)

-monitors

-mouse+keyboard

-windows

-powerupply(350 watt so i have to get a new one)

i was wondering if i can use the nvidia GeForce 7950gt for my new pc.

(i am sorry for spelling mistakes: i´m dutch)

You can literally use any CPU because resolution is GPU dependant. Edit: a GT 7950 has only two dvi ports so you can only use two monitors with it.

hello guys,

i wanna build an new pc with 3 screens. my budget is 500 dollar. i think i am going to use 2 graphics cards. my question is if i can do this with a intel core-i3 processor.

parts i already have from old pc:

-nvidia Geforce 7950gt (i have 2 monitors on it now)

-monitors

-mouse+keyboard

-windows

-powerupply(350 watt so i have to get a new one)

i was wondering if i can use the nvidia GeForce 7950gt for my new pc.

(i am sorry for spelling mistakes: i´m dutch)

You don't need a good CPU, as david cassar said. Are you gaming on it? 

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

You can literally use any CPU because resolution is GPU dependant. Edit: a GT 7950 has only two dvi ports so you can only use two monitors with it.

yeah, and s-video but when i tried that the nvidia menu said this card only supports 2 monitors.

yes, but it won´t be more than the upcoming gta 5, i have a playstation where i play the most games on. i wanna play on the pc because of the three screens :P

but if i look to the specs of the intel core i3-4150 it says this: pci express configurations: 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4. a graphics card has to go in a pci express slot x16 so thats why i was wondering if i can go with 2.

but if i look to the specs of the intel core i3-4150 it says this: pci express configurations: 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4. a graphics card has to go in a pci express slot x16 so thats why i was wondering if i can go with 2.

A graphics card does NOT have to be in an x16 slot. You can run Nvidia cards at x8 with little to no performance loss. You should really upgrade your GPU, as you won't be gaming on 3 monitors with anything less than a 960

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

A graphics card does NOT have to be in an x16 slot. You can run Nvidia cards at x8 with little to no performance loss. You should really upgrade your GPU, as you won't be gaming on 3 monitors with anything less than a 960

yeah, i´m not gonna use this gpu.

this is what i got in mind now:

-motherboard: Asus B85-PRO Gamer

-cpu: Intel Core i3-4360

-power supply: Cooler Master B700 V2

-RAM: something like 16gb

-homemade case: in this category http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/12/16/chiaroscuro-by-nick-falzone/1

-ssd for boot: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB

-hard drive: Western Digital Black 1TB

-2 graphics cards

I don't even know if you need 2 graphics cards if your looking for three screens, unless you need them all on the same type of video output. In my opinion I would get a single card, r9 280x or 290... the 280x is similar to the GTX 960 in the sense that it will have trouble with three screens while playing graphics intensive games.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

yeah, i´m not gonna use this gpu.

this is what i got in mind now:

-motherboard: Asus B85-PRO Gamer

-cpu: Intel Core i3-4360

-power supply: Cooler Master B700 V2

-RAM: something like 16gb

-homemade case: in this category http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/12/16/chiaroscuro-by-nick-falzone/1

-ssd for boot: Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB

-hard drive: Western Digital Black 1TB

-2 graphics cards

2 graphics cards... well that narrows it down...

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I don't even know if you need 2 graphics cards if your looking for three screens, unless you need them all on the same type of video output. In my opinion I would get a single card, r9 280x or 290... the 280x is similar to the GTX 960 in the sense that it will have trouble with three screens while playing graphics intensive games.

no, i don´t need the same outputs but i have like 500 dollars total and a card like that has gdr5 sdram and a motherboard with that ram is expensive to.

2 graphics cards... well that narrows it down...

yeah, i don´t know which yet.

yeah, i don´t know which yet.

you know one more power full GPU is better right you dont need 2 to play over 3 screens im using one GTX 970 and it works fine 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

you know one more power full GPU is better right you dont need 2 to play over 3 screens im using one GTX 970 and it works fine 

yeah, but like i said unfortunatly i don´t have money for that, i only have 500 dollars (400 euro). so i prefer to buy 2 older ones like 2x the asus nvidia geforce gtx 750.

someone any idea for 2 graphics cards?

Next time post this in the CPU section.

oh srry