Mobo for i5-4590

Go to solution Solved by ForsakenLive,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I think the ASUS H97M-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard is somewhat close to what you are saying.  If you could recommend something else i would be gratefull

That's a really nice board, my friend uses it. While not the top of the line components, software-wise is impressive. Everything related to features and configuration is easy to use and reliable.

Im buying a new desktop and i decided to go with the i5-4590. Since this is a limited budget system i cant afford

an exp. mobo with all the the good stuff.

Therefore the selected mobo's are:

53f9dddaabedf92065d57a3b3069de9d.med.256 ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (H97 PRO4)

b7379582837ea367142e4b6a9ed6e7a1.med.256 Asus H97-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (H97-PLUS)

ea86b5d191aac4668844efdc0100715e.med.256 Asus Z87-Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (Z87-PLUS)

I'll be using a gtx 970 g1 with little chance of going sli in the future.

The 1st is the cheapest in my country. The 2nd seems best but has only 3 slots for audio cables and i my speakers use 5 jacks atm and im kinda confused about it, and the 3rd has a lot of goodies buts its older.

I welcome your opinion among these 3 motherboards.

Thanks in advance

with H97 you don't have a chance of SLI AFAIK, I would get the ASUS because it looks okey

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

AsRock H97 Pro4

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Go with the Z87, I you plan to go with "k" you're good to go.

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

Im buying a new desktop and i decided to go with the i5-4590. Since this is a limited budget system i cant afford

I'll be using a gtx 970 g1 with little chance of going sli in the future.

Limited budget? Likely not going to SLI?

i5-4440 + H81 or B85 motherboard. Save yourself some more money.

You will have to get the Z87 one if you want to SLI. H97 won't support it

with H97 you don't have a chance of SLI AFAIK, I would get the ASUS because it looks okey

Reread. OP said "little chance of going SLI" so more then likely SLI is not needed

"Rawr XD"

Limited budget? Likely not going to SLI?

i5-4440 + H81 or B85 motherboard. Save yourself some more money.

Reread. OP said "little chance of going SLI" so more then likely SLI is not needed

still with H97 he has none chance :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

How bout ASrocks Z97 Anniv edition?
Or one of the mobos here 

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

i appreciate the feedback. The thing is that i m more confused now :lol: . The thing is that i want to buy a pc for some years and i don't want to regret it.

Since no sli or oc is likely i just want a good motherboad for gaming. That means good ethernet port, good audio etc. If anyone wants to name a different mobo (at the same price range pls)

fell free to do it.

i appreciate the feedback. The thing is that i m more confused now :lol: . The thing is that i want to buy a pc for some years and i don't want to regret it.

Since no sli or oc is likely i just want a good motherboad for gaming. That means good ethernet port, good audio etc. If anyone wants to name a different mobo (at the same price range pls)

fell free to do it.

Well the just the Asus H97-Plus or H97-PRO. Where I live the Pro is only a few EUR more than the plus.

Asus motherboards uses Intel Ethernet which is the best you can have plus they have good onboard audio.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

fell free to do it.

For a good experience with the motherboard, specially on a long term relationship, try looking for one with good integrated parts. LAN? Get one with a Intel Ethernet Controller!, Sound? One with the Realtek ALC 1150 codec! Bios? There must be a way to swap it, replace it, or flashback it; to avoid possible bricking if you experience any issues during an update (so look for one of these features).

Those are the main things, but having a sturdy PCB, good heat dissipation (mobo heatsinks), extra PCIe lanes (like the ones found on Z97 boards), and added connectivity (more USB3, USB 3.1, M.2 slots, etc) is always nice.

For a good experience with the motherboard, specially on a long term relationship, try looking for one with good integrated parts. LAN? Get one with a Intel Ethernet Controller!, Sound? One with the Realtek ALC 1150 codec! Bios? There must be a way to swap it, replace it, or flashback it; to avoid possible bricking if you experience any issues during an update (so look for one of these features).

Those are the main things, but having a sturdy PCB, good heat dissipation (mobo heatsinks), extra PCIe lanes (like the ones found on Z97 boards), and added connectivity (more USB3, USB 3.1, M.2 slots, etc) is always nice.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I think the ASUS H97M-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard is somewhat close to what you are saying.  If you could recommend something else i would be gratefull

AsRock H97 Pro4

^^ i'd pick this one too out of those 3 OP.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

That's a really nice board, my friend uses it. While not the top of the line components, software-wise is impressive. Everything related to features and configuration is easy to use and reliable.