Inconsistent ping w/ Powerline

NeatSquidYT

Hi,

So whenever I play CSGO, I usually get 30-40 ping. Every now and again, I have a lag spike where my ping goes up to 60 odd, then goes down to 30-40. This lag spike has killed me many atime, and I've gotten to the point where it's infuritating

Thanks

Options:

• Go wifi
  • Route ethernet cable
  • Rewire your house
  • Call your local mage

1. No, never

2. No, never

3. No, never

4. I am the local mage

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You call a increase in ping from 30-40 to 60 a "lag spike" that actually affects performance so much that it gets you killed? Either you are incredibly oversensitive, or you are just wrong. Either way, i have no understanding for it.

As for the issue, i guess you cant do much with it as long as you use it.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

You call a increase in ping from 30-40 to 60 a "lag spike" that actually affects performance so much that it gets you killed? Either you are incredibly oversensitive, or you are just wrong. Either way, i have no understanding for it.

As for the issue, i guess you cant do much with it as long as you use it.

It makes it so when I move, it teleports me backwards. I die becuase I have a rush attitude towards CSGO

Maybe when someone switches on smth your ping changes for a sec ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

It makes it so when I move, it teleports me backwards. I die becuase I have a rush attitude towards CSGO

With only 60 in ping? As far as im concerned, all ping under 200ish is just fine. Maybe it is packet loss?

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Man, some guys would kill for a 60ms ping.

Is there any other symptoms of another issue or is it the ping only issue, If it is the only issue the ping then I would not worry.

Maybe when someone switches on something your ping changes for a sec ?

@NeatSquidYT

It's this.

You know how when you are near a Microwave using WiFi, the signal dies/is sketchy? It's a similar concept.

When someone uses something on your electrical lines such as a washer/dryer, microwave, or wtv, it causes a drop in the electrical signal for moment which you see as ping increasing. 

It's not something you can fix unless you somehow move your powerline adapters to a circuit that doesn't have anything big on it that uses a lot of power.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I thought this was a global Counter Strike issue (get it). I play with either 5 or 20 ping, depending what server I get and I still get teleported back.

@NeatSquidYT

It's this.

You know how when you are near a Microwave using WiFi, the signal dies/is sketchy? It's a similar concept.

When someone uses something on your electrical lines such as a washer/dryer, microwave, or wtv, it causes a drop in the electrical signal for moment which you see as ping increasing. 

It's not something you can fix unless you somehow move your powerline adapters to a circuit that doesn't have anything big on it that uses a lot of power.

Oh, thanks very much I did not realise :D I did notice a bigger inconsistency with it when my mum was vacuuming :) Thanks very much :D