Suggest me a better headset/phones...

WhiteSkyMage

Hey,

Currently i have HyperX Cloud Gaming headset. It has a great sound quality, not as perfect as Audio Techica's but worth it for its price.

I heard about that HyperX Cloud II headset, with it introducing 7.1 surround sound, even though not perfect. Suggest me a good headset/phones with the same crispy sound and low-mid-range bass just like ADG1 or HyperX Cloud but with better 7.1 surround sound and noise canceling mic...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Your AT's with an antlion modmic.....

I know, just suggest me a mic that can cancel noise so i can plug it in...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Well the I'm pretty sure is a directed condensor mike. (someone want to help me on this one?) If you actually need noise cancelling hardware, take a look at creative, and ASUS's desktop modules. Both of which capture ambient noise through an integrated mike, and actively cancel it from your microphone feed.

Well the I'm pretty sure is a directed condensor mike. (someone want to help me on this one?) If you actually need noise cancelling hardware, take a look at creative, and ASUS's desktop modules. Both of which capture ambient noise through an integrated mike, and actively cancel it from your microphone feed.

Can you link one?

http://au.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-zx

http://www.asus.com/au/Sound_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/

That little desktop plugin is the interface/ microphone sampler. Similar tech, and it's mainly software driven.

Edit: btw, both of these will work with your current headset. They won't improve sound quality, but they will remove the ambient noise from your voice channel.

1. Pick your headset

2. Throw it into your garbage bin

3. Pick up a real headphone (HD600, K712, DT880)

http://au.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-zx

http://www.asus.com/au/Sound_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/

That little desktop plugin is the interface/ microphone sampler. Similar tech, and it's mainly software driven.

Edit: btw, both of these will work with your current headset. They won't improve sound quality, but they will remove the ambient noise from your voice channel.

Hm, the blaster seems promising but i would not get that module one, i better get the Z one...

1. Pick your headset

2. Throw it into your garbage bin

3. Pick up a real headphone (HD600, K712, DT880)

Nah.. I guess Audio technica would do better than those... AD700...

Nah.. I guess Audio technica would do better than those... AD700...

Wouldn't be so sure about that. DT880s are pretty darn good aswell.

That aside:

Suggest me a good headset/phones with the same crispy sound and low-mid-range bass just like ADG1 or HyperX Cloud but with better 7.1 surround sound and noise canceling mic...

No headphone can give you propper 7.1 due to how our ears work. No headphone can do better than  stereo (let alone the .1, a sub in a headphone? Really?). I suggest you just stick to your ad700s and get a good deskmic or such.

All mics will pick up keyboard and mouse clicks. Is a usb desktop mic ok for you or do you want the mic to attach to the headphones? And do you have a budget? 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Wouldn't be so sure about that. DT880s are pretty darn good aswell.

That aside:

No headphone can give you propper 7.1 due to how our ears work. No headphone can do better than stereo (let alone the .1, a sub in a headphone? Really?). I suggest you just stick to your ad700s and get a good deskmic or such.

Fine. I said i had the HyperX gaming headset. I was planning to go on the AD700X anyways, but be4 that, i wanted to ssee what other options thre are. Thanks for giving me those examples. Ill look for them and give them a good try out!

All mics will pick up keyboard and mouse clicks. Is a usb desktop mic ok for you or do you want the mic to attach to the headphones? And do you have a budget?

Well since the headset has a removable mic, this gives me a chance to change it. Since my mic is not noise canceling, i was looking for one to cancel the background noise of people talking in my room or some other noise like a vacuum cleaner... My keyboard and mouse aren't as noisy... My friends do not hear them even now...

Have you tried Razer Surround software? It's free...

The Cloud II is the same thing as the original, only the accessories have changed. Whereas a passive volume control/extension came with the Cloud, the Cloud II has a USB dongle (tiny soundcard inside). I.e. not worth if you already have original.

Well since the headset has a removable mic, this gives me a chance to change it. Since my mic is not noise canceling, i was looking for one to cancel the background noise of people talking in my room or some other noise like a vacuum cleaner... My keyboard and mouse aren't as noisy... My friends do not hear them even now...

No mic on the market can cancel background noise, but some can limit it's presence in the audio. Still, if you aren't having a problem with keyboard noise, best to just get a regular cardioid, put it on a boom arm close to your mouth, and keep the gain low.

Have you tried Razer Surround software? It's free...

The Cloud II is the same thing as the original, only the accessories have changed. Whereas a passive volume control/extension came with the Cloud, the Cloud II has a USB dongle (tiny soundcard inside). I.e. not worth if you already have original.

No mic on the market can cancel background noise, but some can limit it's presence in the audio. Still, if you aren't having a problem with keyboard noise, best to just get a regular cardioid, put it on a boom arm close to your mouth, and keep the gain low.

I wanted to give my headset to my sister cuz her's dont work well... So i simply want a better one than the one i have (the original)...

I wanted to give my headset to my sister cuz her's dont work well... So i simply want a better one than the one i have (the original)...

separate headphones and a modmic like the others are suggesting is a good bet

Fine. I said i had the HyperX gaming headset. I was planning to go on the AD700X anyways, but be4 that, i wanted to ssee what other options thre are. Thanks for giving me those examples. Ill look for them and give them a good try out!

Sorry, my bad, misread your OP.

Sorry in case you're not familiar with the product. a company called antlion makes an attachable microphone that is pretty bloody brilliant. It has a cup attached to any pair of headphones (your audio technica's which you already enjoy). This is then attached to a boom style microphone by a magnet with grooved teeth letting you rotate the microphone out of the way when you don't need it. It's one of the best boom style microphone's on the market at the moment outside of the dedicated audio production environment. (and nowhere near as expensive) It's a good example of proper application of technology. If you've got a pair of headphone's you already enjoy this would be my recommendation to anyone that doesn't require a wireless headset.

Sorry in case you're not familiar with the product. a company called antlion makes an attachable microphone that is pretty bloody brilliant. It has a cup attached to any pair of headphones (your audio technica's which you already enjoy). This is then attached to a boom style microphone by a magnet with grooved teeth letting you rotate the microphone out of the way when you don't need it. It's one of the best boom style microphone's on the market at the moment outside of the dedicated audio production environment. (and nowhere near as expensive) It's a good example of proper application of technology. If you've got a pair of headphone's you already enjoy this would be my recommendation to anyone that doesn't require a wireless headset.

You missread, i have the hyperX cloud gaming headset. Thanks for telling me for that company. I'll look into them.

Thanks, looks like, my headset is still really good...lacks features but it's still really good...