First time water-cooling (I wanna be a big boy)

teeejay

So, eh.. Hello,  :)

After I've had horrible experience with some AIOs, H100i in particular was the one I really hated. I want to grow up and be a big boy with a true water-cooling system.

Now.. You can see my current specs in my signature, they are updated.

At first I thought, I will buy the EK-KIT X240, since it has all the stuff ready just for easy installation. But I want to build it more personally, since I do not need their fans or 60mm radiator for instance.

So I have settled on building the entire water-cooling system, choosing part by part myself. But since I have no experience at all with the water-cooling stuff, it's where You guys come to play.

I have decided to build the system with EK WB components, since I am able to get most of the parts in my country.

My aim for now, is to build water-cooling solution, which for now will be cooling only the CPU i7 5930K and in the not so distant future I will water-cool also new GPU, which I will buy. So it has to be flexible, the pump has to be powerful enough for instance. I think I won't SLI in the end. I'd rather buy single powerful GPU.

Parts

Radiator - EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) (I prefer 40mm thick rad, because I fear clearance issues in 750D, if 60mm rad would have been mounted on top)

CPU block - EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel (Nickel or copper, is there a huge difference?)

Reservoir - EK-RES X3 250

Pump - EK-XTOP D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. pump) (This is where I need your help, I have no idea which one to pick 1 CPU + GPU + 2 rads in the future)

Fitting - not really sure how thick the tubing should be 

Tubing - not really sure how thick the tubing should be

Accessories - EK-Cable Y-Splitter 3-Fan PWM (10cm) (For the NF-F12)

Coolant - EK-Ekoolant Pastel RED+ distilled water

What else do I need? If anything is missing. Please keep in mind, that if I'll water-cool GPU in the future, I will add on another rad, probably 280mm to the front of 750D.

Please write any constructive criticism on my setup. I am really a total newbie in this area, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance. For those who helps, I offer probably a photo of my rig when its done!  :D

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Have you looked into EKWB sets for CPU Cooling ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

After I've had horrible experience with some AIOs, H100i in particular was the one I really hated. I want to grow up and be a big boy with a true water-cooling system.

At first I thought, I will buy the EK-KIT X240, since it has all the stuff ready just for easy installation. But I want to build it more personally, since I do not need their fans or 60mm radiator for instance.

So I have settled on building the entire water-cooling system, choosing part by part myself. But since I have no experience at all with the water-cooling stuff, it's where You guys come to play.

I have decided to build the system with EK WB components, since I am able to get most of the parts in my country.

My aim for now, is to build water-cooling solution, which for now will be cooling only the CPU i7 5930K and in the not so distant future I will water-cool also new GPU, which I will buy. So it has to be flexible, the pump has to be powerful enough for instance. I think I won't SLI in the end. I'd rather buy single powerful GPU.

Parts

Radiator - EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) (I prefer 40mm thick rad, because I fear clearance issues in 750D, if 60mm rad would have been mounted on top)

CPU block - EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel (Nickel or copper, is there a huge difference?)

Pump - EK-XTOP D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. pump) (This is where I need your help, I have no idea which one to pick 1 CPU + GPU + 2 rads in the future)

What else do I need? If anything is missing. Please keep in mind, that if I'll water-cool GPU in the future, I will add on another rad, probably 280mm to the front of 750D.

Please write any constructive criticism on my setup. I am really a total newbie in this area, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance. For those who helps, I offer probably a photo of my rig when its done!  :D

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/index.php?language=en&&XTCsid=avn28818ush8jhi3rp6l8442lenbegc7

Parts

Well lets see here, good choices as far as I'm concerned. Rads from EK, Alphacool, and XSPC are my top picks. D5 pump is a must. Vario speed would be good too, to help with bleeding and once thats done, turn it down to 3-2 and you wont hear it at all. CPU block is a good choice to, I use that block, and it works great. For the Res, I find that a personal choice, as I have bay and tube res', and I still don't know which one I like better.

As for your fittings, 3/8-1/2 hose is smallest that you would want to go. I wouldn't go much higher than 1/2-5/8 tubing. I would only get Primochill LRT tubing. Others tend to leach plastic into the system. A good compression fitting of the same size as your hose and your set.  Something like this would be ok.

For the fluid, a silver kill coil / PT nuke, colored dye and distilled water is one way. Or pre mixed coolant. Red tends to stain blocks. But if you must have red, I would go something like a premixed red coolant, and you'll be ok. Or get get colored tubing.

I would highly recommend putting in a drain port off your pump for maintenance, and if adding a GPU down the track add another 240mm rad into the loop to take care of the extra heat, and keep those temps really low. If your Overclocking, everything, just put in as many rads as you can afford.

Best of luck with the build. Happy for PM's if you need more advice or suggestions.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Have you looked into EKWB sets for CPU Cooling ?

I answered that question in original post.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I answered that question in original post.

Sorry overread it

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well lets see here, good choices as far as I'm concerned. Rads from EK, Alphacool, and XSPC are my top picks. D5 pump is a must. Vario speed would be good too, to help with bleeding and once thats done, turn it down to 3-2 and you wont hear it at all. CPU block is a good choice to, I use that block, and it works great. For the Res, I find that a personal choice, as I have bay and tube res', and I still don't know which one I like better.

As for your fittings, 3/8-1/2 hose is smallest that you would want to go. I wouldn't go much higher than 1/2-5/8 tubing. I would only get Primochill LRT tubing. Others tend to leach plastic into the system. A good compression fitting of the same size as your hose and your set.  Something like this would be ok.

For the fluid, a silver kill coil / PT nuke, colored dye and distilled water is one way. Or pre mixed coolant. Red tends to stain blocks. But if you must have red, I would go something like a premixed red coolant, and you'll be ok. Or get get colored tubing.

I would highly recommend putting in a drain port off your pump for maintenance, and if adding a GPU down the track add another 240mm rad into the loop to take care of the extra heat, and keep those temps really low. If your Overclocking, everything, just put in as many rads as you can afford.

Best of luck with the build. Happy for PM's if you need more advice or suggestions.

So what would be your setup if you should satisfy same needs, you can either PM me or write it here. You know, mostly red themed build, future expansion. Budget is not really a big deal as long as changes are justifiable. Thanks man

So what would be your setup if you should satisfy same needs, you can either PM me or write it here. You know, mostly red themed build, future expansion. Budget is not really a big deal as long as changes are justifiable. Thanks man

Well my setup is, tube res 200mm bitspower, Ek D5 pump, EK 12mm hardline fittings, EK 10/12 hardline tube, Alphacool 420 XT45, XSPC 140 & 240 x 2, EK water blocks for my sli 970, and a EKWB evo supmancy

I could only really recommend what I've used. Also maybe even get the gpu that you want first then water it all in one go.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.