Absurdly High Resource Usage

Atmos

Ok, I'm running a relatively new rig, a bit of old hardware mixed in with new.

at the moment I've got a 4790K now un-overclocked due to some weird stability issues, but the rest of my parts list is as follows;

4790K @ 4.0ghz

ASRock z97 Pro4

Diamond R9 270X oc @ 1220mhz

16gb Generic Hitachi ram @ 1866mhz

Boot Drive is a 1tb WD Blue

3 3.5tb Hitachi generic Drives as mass storage

ThermalTake 750W Smart Series PSU

Dual Monitors, 1x 24" 32bit 60hz panel, and 1x 16" 16bit 30hz panel

Should be noted I've no idea what sort of unit they are using to measure "cpu" in task manager's pulldown.

The gpu, and hitachi drives are from my last rig. one of the drives used to be my last boot drive, that I simply dropped into my new rig so as to put off moving all of the data across drives. 

So, about the issue. About 2 weeks after the new os was installed on a fresh drive (windows 7 professional on the WD Blue) I started to notice the machine failing to boot several times, automatically restarting itself once or twice before finally booting up. Soon after I noticed very, very high resource usage. Idling at almost 11gb of ram usage, and the cpu cranking away at sometimes 95% usage when just browsing the web. A quick look at task manager showed a large group of programs I've not seen before running at insanely high resource numbers. Programs such as;

Fixmapi 1.0 MAPI repair tool using almost 1,000,000K of memory (and 32 under cpu?)

ctfmon (Ctf loader) using 1,000,000K of memory (and 23 under cpu?)

or Dplaysvr (Microsoft Directplay Helper) running multiple times each using more than 300,000K memory and 10 under cpu?

COM Surogate running a multitude of times each using upwards of 450,000K memory

or Microsoft Feeds Syncronization using anywhere from 100,000K to 700,000K memory and 5-15 under cpu?

Now, I have no idea what any of those are, or why all of a sudden they decided to start sucking up all the resources they could. Even as i type this I'm using more than 7gb of ram with a single freaking window open. Recently as well I'm getting tons of error messages saying "internet explorer has stopped working" when I'm not even using IE, or sometimes not even connected to the freaking internet.

I've run many, many, many AV scans with many, many, many different programs and found nothing. I'm at my wits end here though with this darn OS. I'd like to try and NOT do a complete reinstall of W7, as I'd have to hunt back up my product key. I don't know though, what would you guys recommend?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Reset cmos, put your RAM sticks in other slots, and run memory diagnostics.

I've tried resetting the cmos. I'll do so again. The ram dims populate all 4 slot's I've got, but i'll try moving them around a bit, though not sure what it'll do xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||