Hyper x clouds, astro a40s, steel series siberia v2, or corsiar 2100

Hellbringer3110

Hyper X Clouds easily.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

The Kingston, because they actually deliver good audio instead of "for gaming" hype. Plus they are well-built and comfortable.

The Kingston, because they actually deliver good audio instead of "for gaming" hype. Plus they are well-built and comfortable.

HyperX is now a separate brand now iirc

HyperX is now a separate brand now iirc

And its still a Beyerdynamic headphone regardless

I own but no longer use a pair of steelseries Siberia V1's which served me well for years, so I'd go with the V2's or the Clouds.

HyperX Cloud 1 or 2. The 2 isn't important because 7.1 surround will get you the same results as stereo. So get the 1 and it will save you $20. No astros please.

SteelSeries Siberia v2 $50usd (as of this post): looks like they wont last more than a year or two. Looks cheaply made. Ear cups dont look to be as comfortable as the other two headphones.

HyperX Cloud $80usd (as of this post): Looks like they can last a lifetime if taken care of. Only problem I see is the stitching on the band might come loose. Comes with two types of ear cups and the ear cups are big enough to cover your ears. Look to be very comfortable. Very good build quality for the price point.

ASTRO Gaming A40 $150usd (as of this post): Just like the HyperX, these look like they'll last a lifetime if taken care of. Ear cups will cover your ears and they look to be comfortable.

Sound quality (headphones): Im going to put the HyperX ahead of the Astro's but just barely. You pay a huge price premium for the Astro name. If these where same price as the HyperX then these would be tied. 

Sound Quality (Mic): They all get the job done. Dont expect to have super sexy Barry White voice quality using these mics. Its more like Bart Simpson voice quality.

HyperX Cloud is by far the best deal and bang for your buck. Astro is like Beats. You pay a huge premium for the name and its just not worth it unless you want to impress your friends at lan parties. The SteelSeries Siberia is for poor people that cant afford the HyperX Cloud.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

HyperX Cloud $80usd (as of this post): Looks like they can last a lifetime if taken care of. Only problem I see is the stitching on the band might come loose. Comes with two types of ear cups and the ear cups are big enough to cover your ears. Look to be very comfortable. Very good build quality for the price point.

The stitching DEFINITELY won't come lose. No fraying at all since I have had to for like 7 or 8 months and it is a really tight stitch too.

The stitching DEFINITELY won't come lose. No fraying at all since I have had to for like 7 or 8 months and it is a really tight stitch too.

Im not saying the stitching isnt well done. All Im saying is thats a failure point and could come loose over time, depends on how hard someone is with the headphones.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Its takstar.

Both wrong. If you look closely on the headset itself, you will see it's by QPAD. To be more precise, they are actually a rebranded and improved QPAD QH-90.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Its takstar.

Both wrong. If you look closely on the headset itself, you will see it's by QPAD. To be more precise, they are actually a rebranded and improved QPAD QH-90.

The Qpad QH-90 is actually Takstar Pro 80 with a microphone slapped on it, and HyperX Cloud is a rebranded Qpad QH-90. The more "premium" Qpad QH-1339 was created jointly with Beyerdynamic.

The Qpad QH-90 is actually Takstar Pro 80 with a microphone slapped on it, and HyperX Cloud is a rebranded Qpad QH-90. The more "premium" Qpad QH-1339 was created jointly with Beyerdynamic.

Well, that makes sense.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

That has never been confirmed or denied. I'm leaning towards QPad and Beyer getting the basic supplies from the same OEM at best - I don't think Beyerdynamic would allow their R&D prowess to be snatched up to be sold for less if they could.