usb audio adapter?

vuther

hey i recently bought a good pair of headphones and a good mic to go with it and there is a terrible buzzing noise coming through my headphones. other people have said that it is probobly my headphone audio jack and that i should get a usb audio adapter instead. do you guys have any that you recommend? prefferably under 20.

A usb audio adapter is a little USB DAC and amp all running off of the USB port. Finding a decent one under $20 isn't really realistic. For about $80 you can get something like the Schiit Fulla (http://schiit.com/products/fulla). Or, if you look on amazon, you can find stuff like this thing http://amzn.com/B001MSS6CS

If you really did just pick up a good pair of headphones, it's worth the extra cash. A little usb adapter like the one I linked from amazon won't be able to power ('drive') a decent pair of headphones.

hey i recently bought a good pair of headphones and a good mic to go with it and there is a terrible buzzing noise coming through my headphones. other people have said that it is probobly my headphone audio jack and that i should get a usb audio adapter instead. do you guys have any that you recommend? prefferably under 20.

Honestly anything under 20 for audio is actually to where if you don't have issues would be amazing. it sounds like they don't have it properly shielded in the dac and the componets are cheap and absorbing EMI like crazy or even creating its own feed back or is grounding or a combination ect. ect..

Audio is something people over look on PCs and when it causes an issue it can really poop your experience and drive you nuts. @sacratoy is absolutely right. $80 to 100 is where your (beginning) to get some what par audio. if your wanting to go cheap your best bet id get a siberia V2(v2 not v3 because V2 is on sale now) or corsair 2100 (there is a wired version of that as well that is cheaper and better all around) is the bare minimum I would go and I can atest that those both work well, id lean to the corsair though because some mobos cant even drive the Siberia but Siberia is better sounding in my opinion. trust me otherwise ull do what I did when I learned all this and pay just to get rid of the burdens of ghetto cheap audio.@vuther

is it still buzzing if you plug it from rear port?

its just simply a very cheap headset, it would be odd if he didn't have and issue with any ports. but yes front mobo ports are crap

its just simply a very cheap headset, it would be odd if he didn't have and issue with any ports. but yes front mobo ports are crap

no my headset is fine. the interference is from my headphone ports.