Philips Living Colours Bloom

A month ago I bought a Philips Living Colours Bloom as a mood light for my room. This is where you can get it on Amazon I suppose. However that is the 3rd gen version, I think I have the second gen, 3rd gen allows for wireless control with an App for your Android or IOS device. I just have a remote that came with it.

Remote

The remote control is a circular device, powered by 2 AA batteries that come with it.

It consists of a circular wheel with which you can change the color gradually, within that wheel there is a round button that is almost 'halved' for off and on.

You have 2 buttons on the buttom, Favorite 1 and Favorite 2.

To see the manual about the different control mechanics you can read the manual here: http://www.everyhue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/7099730ph_dfu_slv.pdf

This includes commands like spinning the wheel 360 degrees then pressing the On button to activate the mode in which it switches lights constantly, pressing up and down on the wheel increase and decrease intensity of the light and pressing left and right increase and decrease white levels. (? I suppose it's white levels)

livingColors_remote2012_3.jpg

Lamp

The lamp itself is well made, a round and really WIDE shape in comparison to their other Living Colors lamps, it is supported by a stand made of a sort of ceramic feeling material, if it really is ceramic I do not know but I suspect it is plastic. The part behind the lamp directly is plain plastic. The build quality is good and there is nothing to worry about (given of course that you don't throw the thing around)

The power wire is 1,8 meters long. Look out though, the stand has a 'cave' on the bottom at the front in which the wire needs to pass through because the wire originates from within the hollow part of the standard.

Specs

Dimensions: 5 x 5.1 x 4 inches

Voltage: 120 volts

Wattage: 12 watts

Luminous Flux: 120

Item weight: 1.4 pounds

ia6a4x.jpg

I also made a video showing the lamp and some of it's controls:

NOTE These lamps are expensive, this one cost me 80 euro's,

oops this needs to go into members reviews,

nice review though, i wanted to get one of these for my monitor so the ambient light in my room matches the general hue on my screen

Woops, wrong section.