AMD FX 6300

Cs342

By the way I need a case with a handle since I'm going to be changing dorms every year

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

By the way I need a case with a handle since I'm going to be changing dorms every year

Does it have to have a handle?  How about just a smaller form factor so it is easier to carry?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Does it have to have a handle?  How about just a smaller form factor so it is easier to carry?

Handle would be best since it will be easy to pick up and walk around with. I've had to move my Corsair Graphite 600T around at home a couple of times and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Handle would be best since it will be easy to pick up and walk around with. I've had to move my Corsair Graphite 600T around at home a couple of times and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

If you can get past this slight inconvenience, you will save a nice chunk of money, and be able to get a stronger computer.  I know its more work to pick up a case and move it, but I think its a sacrifice that you can easily make in the name of performance.  Going with a smaller case, albeit without a handle should still help lighten the load.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

yes, but by the time you get a decent motherboard and cpu cooling solution in order to overclock it some you'll have spent as much as if you would have bought an i5-4460 and a cheap H97 board, which outperforms the FX-6300 in just about any scenarios and is doing so while using less than half the power... :huh:

Been there done that unfortunately. After getting a 990fx and water cooling, i was able to get my 6300 to 5GHz. I should have just gone intel to begin with though.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

@Cs342

Oh!  I just forgot about the Cooler Master HAF XB.  It is a very unique looking case, and has handles.  It is also an ATX case, so you won't have to change motherboard or anything.

Otherwise, we will drop you down to an ASRock Z97 Anniversary mATX motherboard($75)

Then you can choose from the mATX case of your choice. 

Here are some popular options:

Corsair Air 240

Aerocool DS Cube

Fractal Design Node 804

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

Corsair 350D

Bitfenix Prodigy

There are a lot of other mATX cases too, and while they have the mATX designation, they still share dimensions similar to a mid-tower.

If you absolutely have to have a case with a handle, the only one I can think of is the Corsair Graphite 380T, but that is ITX, and that will end up costing you at least another $100 when its all said and done.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gNZwFT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gNZwFT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($48.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 380T Mini ITX Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Monitor: Acer G237HLbi 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($111.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($27.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1131.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-28 01:46 EST-0500

He he he...no, just no.

I Dont see why you even try.

You're already a known amd fan.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

the 6300 will be a good cpu, you will notice no difference playing games compared to an i3, its only in rigorous bench-marking that any difference arises. Just playing games the difference is so marginal you wont notice it

the 6300 will be a good cpu, you will notice no difference playing games compared to an i3, its only in rigorous bench-marking that any difference arises. Just playing games the difference is so marginal you wont notice it

Except the many games that prefer strong cores over many weak cores, which is numerous.

@Cs342

Oh!  I just forgot about the Cooler Master HAF XB.  It is a very unique looking case, and has handles.  It is also an ATX case, so you won't have to change motherboard or anything.

Otherwise, we will drop you down to an ASRock Z97 Anniversary mATX motherboard($75)

Then you can choose from the mATX case of your choice. 

Here are some popular options:

Corsair Air 240

Aerocool DS Cube

Fractal Design Node 804

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

Corsair 350D

Bitfenix Prodigy

There are a lot of other mATX cases too, and while they have the mATX designation, they still share dimensions similar to a mid-tower.

If you absolutely have to have a case with a handle, the only one I can think of is the Corsair Graphite 380T, but that is ITX, and that will end up costing you at least another $100 when its all said and done.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gNZwFT

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gNZwFT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.75 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Micro Center)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($48.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.89 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair 380T Mini ITX Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)

Monitor: Acer G237HLbi 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($111.98 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($27.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1131.44

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-28 01:46 EST-0500

Bitfenix Prodigy :D

I Dont see why you even try.

You're already a known amd fan.

Im a fan of everything, i simply cant take fanboyish guys like you going out hating on AMD.

Im a fan of everything, i simply cant take fanboyish guys like you going out hating on AMD.

I've explained to you at least three times my stance on the sides, and yet you still Dont get it, but hey, ignorance is bliss, right?

People "hate" on amd right now because they have almost no offerings that can't be beat by Intel. The fx series only stays alive because gamers see it and think "it has 8 cores!, Its red and black! I'll catch all the fps now!"

I'm patiently awaiting zen to see if that's any good.

For the fourth time, if zen is good, I'll definitely buy it, but currently, amd is not in the race in the cpu market.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I've explained to you at least three times my stance on the sides, and yet you still Dont get it, but hey, ignorance is bliss, right?

People "hate" on amd right now because they have almost no offerings that can't be beat by Intel. The fx series only stays alive because gamers see it and think "it has 8 cores!, Its red and black! I'll catch all the fps now!"

I'm patiently awaiting zen to see if that's any good.

For the fourth time, if zen is good, I'll definitely buy it, but currently, amd is not in the race in the cpu market.

Another worthless excuse.

Another worthless excuse.

You want a worthless excuse for me saying amd isn't very good right now?

I CAN MASTURBATE TO ANYTHING!

There's your worthless excuse.

I bid you goodday, sir!

Spoiler

You want a worthless excuse for me saying amd isn't very good right now?

I CAN MASTURBATE TO ANYTHING!

There's your worthless excuse.

I bid you goodday, sir!

its ok .. he doesn't care much about evidence any who.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

its ok .. he doesn't care much about evidence any who.

I know. I know....

<3

Spoiler