a few problems need fixing

Go to solution Solved by gilm0re3,

-snip-

Well, part of the problem is that the cpu has very little to do with the boot up process and its speed. That's handled almost completely by the bootloader/mobo, ram, and storage drive. Really the only way you can make your boot significantly faster is by booting from an ssd instead of an hdd.

Whenever i boot my pc on it seems to take a lot longer for windows to boot up.

i get a white screen for 15 + seconds then my desktop loads,

then my apps flash in.

I recently got a new processor so i thought maybe things might speed up but nope.

Yeah performance is better in games but otherwise they're a little worse! 

what could be the problem?

-snip-

Well, part of the problem is that the cpu has very little to do with the boot up process and its speed. That's handled almost completely by the bootloader/mobo, ram, and storage drive. Really the only way you can make your boot significantly faster is by booting from an ssd instead of an hdd.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

drivers up to date?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i was thinking of an SSD, any recommendations? 

i was thinking of an SSD, any recommendations? 

The Crucial MX 100 is great as far as bang for the buck is concerned. You might be able to depending on the capacity get a Samsung 840 or 850 Evo for around 30 to 50 bucks more, so if you have a bit more money to spend there's that.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

The Crucial MX 100 is great as far as bang for the buck is concerned. You might be able to depending on the capacity get a Samsung 840 or 850 Evo for around 30 to 50 bucks more, so if you have a bit more money to spend there's that.

I would literally be using it as a boot drive so wouldn't a kingston 30gb be fine?

I would literally be using it as a boot drive so wouldn't a kingston 30gb be fine?

You would want 60 gbs bare minimum. 128gb preferably. 60 gigs will cut it, but just barely, and you won't have any room to store programs on, so basically you really should only be looking at 128gb or up.

You would want 60 gbs bare minimum. 128gb preferably. 60 gigs will cut it, but just barely, and you won't have any room to store programs on, so basically you really should only be looking at 128gb or up.

ah right, thanks for the advice  :)

ah right, thanks for the advice  :)

Not a problem :D