3,5mm mic-->USB adapter?

Tostitostelli
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Well im willing to spend some more money to get something more substantial:) What can you recommend?:)

anything more substantial will be wasted on a ModMic. A cheap $10 or less USB soundcard is perfectly adequate for 3.5 millimeter microphones. More expensive solutions use the same kind of chips so it really doesn't make a difference.

I've already looked in the FAQ, and I don't see an answer there, so ill ask here:)

So I bought a ModMic4.0 , to use with my HD650's.

I want to connect it to my pc via USB, since the motherboard 3,5mm is broken.

Thing is, I use a Mayflower O2/ODAC for my headphones, and I don't want the ''usb mic solution'' to interfere with that.

So I guess the question is:

Which 3,5mm mic-->usb solution would work(Good quality, to get everything this mic has to offer) for the ModMic4.0 without interfering with the ODAC?

Thanks for reading, and possibly replying.

Thnx for the reply:) But does a syba get the max out of the mic?

Getting the max out of the mic probably wont happen for a $10 usb sound card, but it should do the trick well enough. If its just for team chat in game, you should be golden, if its for proper recording for video or podcasting, try it first, and get something more substantial if that isnt enough.

When in doubt, re-format.

Getting the max out of the mic probably wont happen for a $10 usb sound card, but it should do the trick well enough. If its just for team chat in game, you should be golden, if its for proper recording for video or podcasting, try it first, and get something more substantial if that isnt enough.

Well im willing to spend some more money to get something more substantial:) What can you recommend?:)

anything more substantial will be wasted on a ModMic. A cheap $10 or less USB soundcard is perfectly adequate for 3.5 millimeter microphones. More expensive solutions use the same kind of chips so it really doesn't make a difference.

+1 for the $10 Syba

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Getting the max out of the mic probably wont happen for a $10 usb sound card,

Now i'm confused :huh:

Now i'm confused :huh:

Just listen to shearme, who actually knows what he's talking about.

Just listen to shearme, who actually knows what he's talking about.

Alright, thanks:)