LENOVO YOGA 3 PRO

NoNothinG31

please help me .. im new to the forum , but not new to linustechtips . ive watched his YouTube stuff for a long time now.. lol and im not really a computer guy , but i wanna learn .. i bought this yoga 3 pro from best buy about 8days ago.  and  paid under 1000 . yeah i thought i got a really good deal.  although i don't use my laptop for work . i don't work in the winter ... so im on it ALL-day .. YouTube InterWeb stuff like that .  after hard use sometimes i feel it slow down .. im starting to sec guess it now. but does anyone have ANY input on this lenovo yoga 3 pro . ? should i get something different ?     the guy at bestbuy said it would be fast... and it is, just not ALLDAY  . although i like most of the yoga 3 .. i think i want something thats faster ALL THE TIME.  

It has a core M processor, it's better than the atom series but is still not that great. It's designed to fit in slim design computers that don't have space for active cooling. Don't trust what salesmen have to say and do research before going to the store, they're just trying to meet their quota.

It is however most likely that because of the heat your laptop isn't able to work at full speed. The processor used in the Yoga 3 gets about 60% of its power from the turbo boost, if it get's too hot you lose that power and you're left behind with 1,1ghz.  If you can return the laptop I'd do so, and I'd also advise to only get these type of ultrabooks if you really need the light weight.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

SNIP

The reason it slows down is probably due to heat, once the components hit a certain temperature, they throttle down so that they produce less heat and can cool down

The only thing that will perform better is a thicker laptop, or desktop

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

One way to check if it's working on full performance is to make sure the battery/power setting on your taskbar is set to 'high performance' or something similar.

1. Throttling.

2. Viruses and malware.

1. if it's the first case I can't help you.

2. if it's the other one get antimalwarebytes.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i have and antiviruses , and yes it gets hot . and its set on the highest setting .it sure does feel like its throttling .. not all the time tho . only after ALOT of youtube .. watching movies i didnt notice anything besides the FAN ..

im worried about long term with it . is this something to worry about ? should i get some different ?  and what would u guys recommend ?

This is the problem with the yoga 3 pro they seem to have use a low tier cpu and skimped on the cooling because of it, the yoga 2 pro was alot better , either was still a great ultrabook if you don't like it take it back soon and get something else. 

thanks for the advise ... i dont know much about this stuff . and BEST Buy options arent very great .  could u recommend one ? im not a MAC person at all.... but im really starting to consider trying 1. lol i dont even have an I-phone