Cable combs or Zip-ties?

1Scotty1
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

i'd say either MOAR! cable combs, or the cable combs you have at the front, and some twist ties in the back, to keep the mess together.

Hey,

so currently I am using cable combs in my rig. The 24pin is a no-brainer, looks awesome with it... BUT... the GPUs... welp, see for yourself - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/257759-first-build-project-yin-yang/?p=4303580

Routing the cables was a major pain and the cable combs do help a bit, but I think it looks kinda... messy... still

So I was thinking of ditching the cable combs on the GPU cables and just zip-tie them together, what do you think? Will it look better?

I dont want to fiddle with the combs much, I already broke one 24pin so I just want a straight answer - combs or zipties :)

Thanks

i'd say either MOAR! cable combs, or the cable combs you have at the front, and some twist ties in the back, to keep the mess together.

I mean if you have OCD like me those nonparallel cables would drive me crazy, especially with such an open and contrast sensitive case. 

I would just get some more cable combs to support the part you can see, and tie back the end of the rest of the mess under the PSU cabinet.

I think that would be a great idea, thanks :)

I think that would be a great idea, thanks :)

if i had an open case i'd also do the cable combs, but managing that is, indeed, a nightmare, so at the point they go out of sight, thats where you use TWIST ties, and turn it in a round bunch of cables - easily routable.

also: use twist ties over zip ties because you can take them off easily, in case necessary.