PCI Graphics Card, not PCI-E

Rjay1255

Im looking to run a 3rd monitor in my system, and currently have 2 gpus in SLI which only allow 2 monitors to run while in SLI performance mode. I only have a maximum of 16 PCI-E lanes so a 3rd PCI-e card is out of the picture.

Im looking to find a PCI video card to run an extra monitor for simple things like browsing the web, or displaying my media player.

I dont know a whole lot about Directx and the neccesities, My system is running Windows 7 64bit, and any cheap card that will work with Windows 7 and has preferably DVI but VGA is acceptable is what i am looking for. I found the GeForce 6200 but read it had issues with Windows 7 is was built for WIndows Vista.

Also i know nothing about the brand name Jaton, and if their products are any good.

Any and all advice/help is appreciated!

You can't SLI different GPUs, so you can't do that.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

If it's just to power a monitor for web-browsing, video playback, etc...you don't need to worry about DirectX, any PCI card will accomplish this essentially.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7192074&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&scid=scplp690598&gclid=Cj0KEQiApbunBRDs0fba3dz484cBEiQAMsx-p0HOaEuKo3BoeV0MCmI9Xahy5cX5OF0UE2vS8j7CHwAaAmON8P8HAQ

You can't SLI different GPUs, so you can't do that.

Im not looking to SLI different GPUs, I have an SLI setup, and want to add a 3rd card for extra displays.

If it's just to power a monitor for web-browsing, video playback, etc...you don't need to worry about DirectX, any PCI card will accomplish this essentially.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7192074&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&scid=scplp690598&gclid=Cj0KEQiApbunBRDs0fba3dz484cBEiQAMsx-p0HOaEuKo3BoeV0MCmI9Xahy5cX5OF0UE2vS8j7CHwAaAmON8P8HAQ

It seems to some extent though older PCI graphics card arent compatible with windows 7, i wasnt sure exactly was cause the incompatibility, it seemed to be from the little bit i read that Windows 7 is based around Directx 11.

Also the card you have linked to is PCI-e I need a PCI card.

2 Graphics Cards don't equal 2 monitors. You can power the extra monitor with your existing configuration

I cannot use more than 2 monitors and have the GPUs set up in SLI performance mode.

Also another question would using an AMD/ATI card as my 3rd card cause issues since my other gpus are Nvidia, i there was stuff about the Nvidia's drivers blocking physx if you tried to use it with AMD cards but my main card is Nvidia, although i dont know if the driver would differentiate

It seems to some extent though older PCI graphics card arent compatible with windows 7, i wasnt sure exactly was cause the incompatibility, it seemed to be from the little bit i read that Windows 7 is based around Directx 11.

Oops, sorry about the link - http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-S-Video-Graphics-512-P1-N402-LR/dp/B001V9LQC0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=15ET3MHAGCWF61JDG79M

The card will work just fine on Win7/8 - yes Windows 8 uses DX11 default, but that is largely for games, and won't affect you watching youtube vids or browsing the web. You can also view nvidia's website for driver support - Driver 309.08 will support this video card on win 8 64-bit.

Oops, sorry about the link - http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-S-Video-Graphics-512-P1-N402-LR/dp/B001V9LQC0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=15ET3MHAGCWF61JDG79M

The card will work just fine on Win7/8 - yes Windows 8 uses DX11 default, but that is largely for games, and won't affect you watching youtube vids or browsing the web. You can also view nvidia's website for driver support - Driver 309.08 will support this video card on win 8 64-bit.

I was looking at this exact card to be honest, and i read some people having to change some things in Windows 7 to get it to work in Newegg reviews, but for less than $50 ill give it a try if it doesnt work, ill try to return it, if not ill find use for it somewhere in one of my older PCs.

Also is it possible to have multiple driver versions downloaded at the same time? Meaning if i download the older drivers for this card will the newer drivers for my other cards still be there?

I was looking at this exact card to be honest, and i read some people having to change some things in Windows 7 to get it to work in Newegg reviews, but for less than $50 ill give it a try if it doesnt work, ill try to return it, if not ill find use for it somewhere in one of my older PCs.

Also is it possible to have multiple driver versions downloaded at the same time? Meaning if i download the older drivers for this card will the newer drivers for my other cards still be there?

Keep in mind that a lot of those reviews are older, and many drivers/updates have come out since then.

I use a GTX 960 on my 3 monitors for gaming/production - driver 347.52   then I have a 9800 GT on driver 313.05 for the TV in living room(just videos).  I did have to uninstall my new driver after installing the old one, then re-install new - but I havn't had any issues other than that.

Keep in mind that a lot of those reviews are older, and many drivers/updates have come out since then.

I use a GTX 960 on my 3 monitors for gaming/production - driver 347.52   then I have a 9800 GT on driver 313.05 for the TV in living room(just videos).  I did have to uninstall my new driver after installing the old one, then re-install new - but I havn't had any issues other than that.

Alrighty thanks for all your help!!! I think ive made my decision, its late here far too late im off to bed, ill order the card tomorrow (technically later today for me)

I cannot use more than 2 monitors and have the GPUs set up in SLI performance mode.

...There are more than 2 outputs in GPUs. Get an adapter if you have too

...There are more than 2 outputs in GPUs. Get an adapter if you have too

You're obviously not understanding so Im just going to stop trying to explain it...

You're obviously not understanding so Im just going to stop trying to explain i

You didn't explain at all, but I guess it's just that you don't understand Nvidia SURROUND

You can have an auxiliary display as well

What is your motherboard and what are your gpus? Don't need another card, can run it in Nvidia surround.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

You didn't explain at all, but I guess it's just that you don't understand Nvidia SURROUND

You can have an auxiliary display as well

I dont want to run in Surrond because I dont want games to span across multiple monitors. I want it to see the monitors as separate entities therefore, i have to use the Maximize 3D settings which only allows for a main display and one accesory display. Hence the need for 3rd Card for more than 2 monitors

I do apoligize for not clarifying that, but now that you should hopefully understand the need for an additional card.

Trying to search for PCI not PCI-E cards isnt easy considering websites can seem to differentiate the two properly...

What cards do you have?

I've never heard of this being an issue.  Modern GPU's have been able to run 3-4 monitors for a long time now.  You just have to plug them all into the master card.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Out of curiosity what cards are you running in SLI? On a side note I remember seeing some PCI GT 520's a few years ago so it might be worth looking for one of those on ebay or other sites.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Out of curiosity what cards are you running in SLI? On a side note I remember seeing some PCI GT 520's a few years ago so it might be worth looking for one of those on ebay or other sites.

Currently 2 780ti's

Trying to find a PCI not PCI-e version is going to be a challenge but ill check it out

Currently 2 780ti's

Trying to find a PCI not PCI-e version is going to be a challenge but ill check it out

you can run more than two displays off of a 780 Ti, if you don't have the proper connectors you can just get adapters.

you can run more than two displays off of a 780 Ti, if you don't have the proper connectors you can just get adapters.

ughhh been through this multiple times, in the SLI mode i prefer using I can only have 2 monitors one main display and an accesory display please read the whole thread before repeating what was said half a dozen times. Thanks. But i do appreciate your GT520 suggestion im still looking around for one or they also have PCI GT610s

I have made a discovery, that has made this entire thread pointless unfortunately, but I misread my motherboard thinking the leftover slots very only PCI slots but in fact are PCI-e 1x slots, so i will find a pci-3 1x card and use that. Thanks everyone for your input and help, I do apoligize for any wasted time on anyones part, I don't know how i managed to overlook that they were PCI-e.

If any one happens along this thread in search of a PCI card, the gt520, or gt610, specifically made by Zotac are good options to look into albeit they are hard to find.

ughhh been through this multiple times, in the SLI mode i prefer using I can only have 2 monitors one main display and an accesory display please read the whole thread before repeating what was said half a dozen times. Thanks. But i do appreciate your GT520 suggestion im still looking around for one or they also have PCI GT610s

I dont want to run in Surrond because I dont want games to span across multiple monitors. I want it to see the monitors as separate entities therefore, i have to use the Maximize 3D settings which only allows for a main display and one accesory display. Hence the need for 3rd Card for more than 2 monitors

I do apoligize for not clarifying that, but now that you should hopefully understand the need for an additional card.

^^^Is this what you're talking about? that doesn't make sense. Adding the extra displays wont force it into surround mode, surround is for multiscreen gaming I'm running 4 displays off my SLI 760's. You have to actively set it to be surround.

^^^Is this what you're talking about? that doesn't make sense. Adding the extra displays wont force it into surround mode, surround is for multiscreen gaming I'm running 4 displays off my SLI 760's. You have to actively set it to be surround.

nooo, I have it set in the other SLI performance option, that allows for one main display and one accessory display. If i turn off SLI performance i could run, half a dozen monitors or more, but i dont want to do that....