amd 9370 compatible ram?

Dandruff_Loves_You

does anyone out there have an fx 9370 running on 1600mhz ram? everything i have found says the only memory controller on the processor supports 1866mhz. i have been having an issue with a new build BSODing on me at random times and im wondering if that is the problem. anyone out there care to help? im cooling it with an h100i and gettings temps around 38C idle and 68C under load.

edit: build specs
amd fx 9370

asrock fatal1ty 970 performance

pny 1600mhz DDR3

evga gtx 980 ftw edition

plextor 128GB PCIe m.2 ssd

samsung 850 evo 250GB ssd

seagate 1TB sshd

evga 750W fully modular power supply

corsair h100i 240mm radiator

does anyone out there have an fx 9370 running on 1600mhz ram? everything i have found says the only memory controller on the processor supports 1866mhz. i have been having an issue with a new build BSODing on me at random times and im wondering if that is the problem. anyone out there care to help? im cooling it with an h100i and gettings temps around 38C idle and 68C under load.

lol wut.  You're profile doesn't say you have this system... IDK what's going on tho; never heard of a CPU that only supports ram 1866 and above...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I have 1600Mhz RAM on a FX-8320 OC'd to 4.6Ghz, I have no problems caused from the RAM or memory controller. Your system should be able to work fine with 1600Mhz memory, the FX processors only support "up to" 1866Mhz RAM. Have you tried running Memtest?

lol wut.  You're profile doesn't say you have this system... IDK what's going on tho; never heard of a CPU that only supports ram 1866 and above...

havent updated my profile. if i cant get the system up and running 100% and be my daily driver then whats the point? profile shouldnt matter anyway. im not trolling or causing trouble by asking for help.

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-FX-9370says that 1866mhz and if you compare it to the 8350 it shows the 8350 supports 1333, 1600, and 1866.

I have 1600Mhz RAM on a FX-8320 OC'd to 4.6Ghz, I have no problems caused from the RAM or memory controller. Your system should be able to work fine with 1600Mhz memory, the FX processors only support "up to" 1866Mhz RAM. Have you tried running Memtest?

yes i have tried memtest and it came back with 0 errors.

havent updated my profile. if i cant get the system up and running 100% and be my daily driver then whats the point? profile shouldnt matter anyway. im not trolling or causing trouble by asking for help.

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-FX-9370says that 1866mhz and if you compare it to the 8350 it shows the 8350 supports 1333, 1600, and 1866.

I was only looking there to see what ram you were using

Hope someone else is more informed on the mater; I got nothing

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

it ran for over an hour.

i used memtest86

I would run it for a few hours, make sure the test completes a few times. Also, what are you doing when it BSOD's? I know you said it happens at random, but there could be something in common that is triggering it.

I would run it for a few hours, make sure the test completes a few times. Also, what are you doing when it BSOD's? I know you said it happens at random, but there could be something in common that is triggering it.

nope, its random. ive had the system up and running for a few hours doing normal browsing and it will bsod. ive gotten bsod one minute after boot up. from installing windows updates. from running games. it happens completely randomly. i think i may have gotten a bad board or cpu but without like types to try test them, i cant specify which it is. i cant get a refund on the processor because i opened it. at this point im never buying another amd cpu again.

nope, its random. ive had the system up and running for a few hours doing normal browsing and it will bsod. ive gotten bsod one minute after boot up. from installing windows updates. from running games. it happens completely randomly. i think i may have gotten a bad board or cpu but without like types to try test them, i cant specify which it is. i cant get a refund on the processor because i opened it. at this point im never buying another amd cpu again.

Have you updated your bios to the latest version? The Gigabyte board on my profile BSOD'd randomly until I updated its bios. Also have you looked at the logs from the BSOD? It could reveal something like your GPU causing the problem(you never know), so I would give a look at those before completely blaming the processor or RAM.

Have you updated your bios to the latest version? The Gigabyte board on my profile BSOD'd randomly until I updated its bios. Also have you looked at the logs from the BSOD? It could reveal something like your GPU causing the problem(you never know), so I would give a look at those before completely blaming the processor or RAM.

its an asrock fatal1ty 970 performance. the bios version it comes with is 1.10 and according to this page http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20970%20Performance/?cat=Download&os=BIOSthere arent any updates out for it yet. i have checked the evient viewer and when i google the problem it the majority of the results tell me its a driver issue. i have all current drives and windows updates yet i still bsod.

its an asrock fatal1ty 970 performance. the bios version it comes with is 1.10 and according to this page http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20970%20Performance/?cat=Download&os=BIOSthere arent any updates out for it yet. i have checked the evient viewer and when i google the problem it the majority of the results tell me its a driver issue. i have all current drives and windows updates yet i still bsod.

Hmm, it sounds like a software problem then, so your hardware should be fine. I would personally reinstall windows and install the MB drivers from ASrock's website. I would also ensure that Windows update is turned off or doesn't install driver updates, because Microsoft has a good track record of breaking drivers(they have no real business modifying nVida's/AMD's/Intel's drivers).

Hmm, it sounds like a software problem then, so your hardware should be fine. I would personally reinstall windows and install the MB drivers from ASrock's website. I would also ensure that Windows update is turned off or doesn't install driver updates, because Microsoft has a good track record of breaking drivers(they have no real business modifying nVida's/AMD's/Intel's drivers).

it just blue screened on me at the windows loading screen after i reinstalled windows and i just installed the lan drivers from the cd via usb. im thinking its a hardware issue. no updates or anything, one driver.

it just blue screened on me at the windows loading screen after i reinstalled windows and i just installed the lan drivers from the cd via usb. im thinking its a hardware issue. no updates or anything, one driver.

Wait, you are installing drivers from the CD? Don't do that, only use the ones from Asrocks website. I'm not sure why, but manufactures have been putting 0 care with the driver CD's recently.

Wait, you are installing drivers from the CD? Don't do that, only use the ones from Asrocks website. I'm not sure why, but manufactures have been putting 0 care with the driver CD's recently.

i have both i would just think to trust the cd moreso than the site. i guess im wrong. the drivers from the site did not crash it.

i have both i would just think to trust the cd moreso than the site. i guess im wrong. the drivers from the site did not crash it.

Anymore now the CD's provided with motherboards just have the generic drivers or drivers that are out dated(as in not having the proper fixes), so my advice is to throw away the driver disk as soon as you get one(I used to feel terrible doing this, but now I don't.). Its not just Asrock that does it either, I have had this happen with Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, Biostar, ECS, and even GPU manufactures, so I think they are just making it a point that downloading the latest online is the better option.