linux help

so im making my old gear a linux box. i am having a problem with all distros. i am using a gtx760 and 2500k. problem i have is that with my hdmi plugged into the 760 it will boot to the install screen i can click next but then i get "invalid format" on my screen, the problem seems to be with loading a driver for the gpu. if i go into bios i can change it to output through integrated hdmi and it will boot. so 2 questions when i get it to boot using the integrated hdmi port it still lists an nvida driver as being used, does this mean it is using the power of the card and just outputting the video through another hdmi or is the system using the igpu of the 2500k? second question is if it is not using my gpu then how can i fix this boot issue?

so im making my old gear a linux box. i am having a problem with all distros. i am using a gtx760 and 2500k. problem i have is that with my hdmi plugged into the 760 it will boot to the install screen i can click next but then i get "invalid format" on my screen, the problem seems to be with loading a driver for the gpu. if i go into bios i can change it to output through integrated hdmi and it will boot. so 2 questions when i get it to boot using the integrated hdmi port it still lists an nvida driver as being used, does this mean it is using the power of the card and just outputting the video through another hdmi or is the system using the igpu of the 2500k? second question is if it is not using my gpu then how can i fix this boot issue?

What linux distro are you trying to install? How are you installing it ? usb/cdrom/live-image?

Sound like a driver issue. Do the following during boot up. Follow this instructions this should work for most distros.

Link: http://askubuntu.com/questions/38780/how-do-i-set-nomodeset-after-ive-already-installed-ubuntu

Having the HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard uses the iGPU. You can use your iGPU to install the OS then install the Nvidia proprietary driver afterwards then plug your HDMI cable into your 760.

i finally got it to work but now my issue is that i can have the fonts either small to the point where i can read them on some screen but they are literally down to pixel size on other screens where you cannot read them at all. OR i have the fonts HUGE it is like sdsdsds or fdsfdsfsdf. oh and i am using openSUSE 13.2 KDE