G2A shady or misconception?

Thelillypad123

I haven't bought any products but I always hear good reviews about them.

Its like going to the night market in China town, youll find some awesome things for cheap, but you wont know where they came from.

Its simply that.

Use G2A SHIELD And you should be fine.

I'd say shady.  People have gotten keys only to have Steam or whoever revoke the privs to the games.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Here's the deal as I see it,

It isn't shady in the sense that G2A rolls the dice as to whether they give you a key or just ban you and you get nothing.  You pay, you'll get the key.  But, as we saw with Ubisoft mass banning illicitly acquired keys, you run that risk for the lower cost.  But, they are not a scam in the sense that you will not get the game.  You will, but who knows where it came from (eg. bought from a lower $ region, hacked, promo codes etc etc).  

i prefer kinguin over G2A much better prices on some things mostly buy game time and prem currencies etc

I have bought a few games from g2a and didn't have a single problem with anything.

I've never had a problem with a game from them

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Just be sure to use G2A Shield and buy from high rated sellers. I had a game revoked several weeks after purchasing it and they refunded me the money.

I almost only buy games from them and I've had 0 issues at all. Maybe I'm just lucky.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

We have at least a thread a day about this, but I'll reiterate what I say in most of them: don't spend money at G2A that you aren't comfortable taking a risk with.

Most people will not have a problem. Most people posting in this thread will tell you they have not had a problem. But there have been problems in the past.

Misconception. Google G2A's official statement about stolen keys controversy.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I got FC4 from them but it got revoked by Ubi, but I got my money back from then so all is good.

I have 5 games from them with no problem other than that.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60

I want to hear opinions on the matter. Seems like there is a support base on both sides.

Shady as hell and they have been caught several times selling stolen keys bought with stolen credit cards.

They've also been caught several times using bogus Youtube accounts to sucker developers into giving them keys to "Review the game"

and then sell the keys they receive.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/1/6882275/free-steam-game-scam

They also spam, are banned from Battlelog because of massive spam campaigns there.

They also use sock puppet accounts on forums like this to cover up this behavior.

painting developers as the bad guys when stolen keys are nuked

and a huge number of  "Is G2A legit" posts on forums are in fact created by G2A sock puppets

to generate traffic to their site.

Many developers are on record stating they will not recognize keys bought from G2A and you run the risk

of that game being taken from you.

Several of the cheap key sellers got their start selling stolen keys. G2A isn't the first.

in the days before  and early days of Steam and Youtube, sellers would actually solicit

stolen keys from people who worked at stores like Gamestop. even encouraging people

to go into stores like Futureshop and steal manuals with keys out of boxes, even posting

instructions on how to do it and not get caught.

Developers and publishers tend to keep quiet about this issue because it's bad for business

and tends to lead to copycat businesses popping up.

In the early 2000's there was a rash of Gamestop game keysbeing stolen after a seller who's name I can't remember

but are still in business flooded forums looking for employees to buy keys from.   EA and other publishers

would just hand out a new key if you could provide proof of purchase at Gamestop.. IE an paper receipt.

I want to hear opinions on the matter. Seems like there is a support base on both sides.

The thing that people need to realize is that G2A itself does not sell keys. G2A is a marketplace where different sellers sell keys, like an eBay for digital downloads.

G2A itself is not shady and is completely legit, however there's no telling that the seller that you get the key from is legit or if it's a bootleg key.

"Rawr XD"

The thing that people need to realize is that G2A itself does not sell keys. G2A is a marketplace where different sellers sell keys, like an eBay for digital downloads.

G2A itself is not shady and is completely legit, however there's no telling that the seller that you get the key from is legit or if it's a bootleg key.

Actually they are shady, developers are on record stating very clearly, they will not honor keys bought from G2A.

They've been flogging stolen keys for years.

They've only avoided major problems because they engage in a sock puppet campaign to shoot down anyone exposing their business practices,

they've also used the greed of certain Youtubers *cough* PewDiePie *cough* Jackfrags* as a leverage to seal their image as being legit.

G2A DOES NOT have any deals with any publisher to supply them with keys...... zero

G2A has gotten this far because Developers and publishers are too afraid to do anything about it

because it always turns them into the bad guys when keys get nuked.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

G2A is indeed a legit and legal Marketplace where independent Sellers can post their offers for keys, and everyone can place a purchase. 
G2APay on the other hand, is our payment service used by various sites, where you have an exceptional choice of payment methods from all around the world, convenient G2A Shield subscription option and many more features. In case of any troubles, we are always ready to help via our LiveChat.

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on live chat or ticket. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A

G2A Team

I've bought a good chunk of games and a copy of windows a SELLER ON G2A. No issues. G2A isn't selling the keys, they are a ebay of sorts. Just like if you go to Ebay and someone is selling a used phone, it could be stolen.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

My personal experiece!

Only ever bought 1 game which was Farcry 4, and with FC4 Ubisoft like banned quite a few keys which were purchased from sites such as G2A. I had shield so they were going to refund me or give another code but after a week it started working again which was really weird... To me its a bit "shady" i know people who have bought loads from them and they work perfectly... but if i have the money i would probably rather spend the extra £5-10 on a new game (maybe some exceptions...maybe....) 

I only use Kinguin´s G2P. But G2A is more or less the same. Dont see the Problem.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We truly appreciate customers taking their time to share few honest words regarding G2A's products and services. We want to make your experience as pleasant as possible.  

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on live chat or ticket. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A!

India G2A Team

Ive only used it to purchase games which have been out for a while to check no one is reporting issues

and from sellers with good credibility (98-99% + shield or 100% without)

and had no problem thus far

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

I love G2A, if you use the shield you will have a great experience! DO NOT buy anything without shield!

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

There is a reason it has a 99% positive rating, never had any problems.

I also earned money with it selling games.

Use G2A Shield for games above 8€, guaranteed money return if false key within 3 days.

in B4 the G2A guy posts in here!

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)