Ducky Legend Review (Long, with Plenty of Large Pictures)

silentanarchy

I contacted them about my keyboard on Thursday of last week.  I still haven't heard back from them.  I am not going to RMA my keyboard, because just one key being off isn't the end of the world, especially when all of you are saying you have multiple keys that are bad.  I will just stick it out for a year, and after the manufacturer's warranty is up, then I will clip the stabilizers.

NCIX service is terrible though.  All around awful service.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'm really starting to dislike these keycaps.  They collect oil like no business.  Its disgusting.  I am so careful around my peripherals.  I have a push top bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk to constantly clean my hands, get them as dirt free as possible, but somehow the keyboard just collects the oil.  The tops have become almost slippery because of the oil accumulation.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'm really starting to dislike these keycaps.  They collect oil like no business.  Its disgusting.  I am so careful around my peripherals.  I have a push top bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk to constantly clean my hands, get them as dirt free as possible, but somehow the keyboard just collects the oil.  The tops have become almost slippery because of the oil accumulation.

I'm really starting to second guess myself.  And for some reason, I found that the Blues on the Ducky Legend are quieter than the ones on my Blackwidow Ultimate 2013...And it's not a good thing, it's quieter but it just doesn't have that visceral click feedback I get from the BWU...I might go back to it, though keycaps on the Razer are just as awful.

Could it be age makes the switches louder?

I think I'll just take the hit on the Brown version, it's alright.  Though the use of Cherry stabilizers is really making me doubt Ducky as a keyboard company, might go with my original plan of WASD V2.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I'm really starting to second guess myself.  And for some reason, I found that the Blues on the Ducky Legend are quieter than the ones on my Blackwidow Ultimate 2013...And it's not a good thing, it's quieter but it just doesn't have that visceral click feedback I get from the BWU...I might go back to it, though keycaps on the Razer are just as awful.

Could it be age makes the switches louder?

I think I'll just take the hit on the Brown version, it's alright.  Though the use of Cherry stabilizers is really making me doubt Ducky as a keyboard company, might go with my original plan of WASD V2.

I actually prefer the feel of the Razer Greens to the Cherry MX Blues.  Ever so slightly.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my blues, the razer greens are just a little better though.  My switches are all plenty loud, with lots of feedback.  These keycaps though.  I might have to buy some new ones.  Any suggestions?

I actually prefer the feel of the Razer Greens to the Cherry MX Blues.  Ever so slightly.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my blues, the razer greens are just a little better though.  My switches are all plenty loud, with lots of feedback.  These keycaps though.  I might have to buy some new ones.  Any suggestions?

Well BWU 2013 still had Cherry switches so I'm sticking with those, which is what makes me so puzzled about the very obvious difference in noise level, I wish I had a good enough mic to demostrate it but alas I'm no content creator.  Damn, the Vortex Doubleshot PBT Backlit keycaps were on Massdrop just a little bit ago.  I jumped on it immediately.  Not sure if you can find it elsewhere, other than that I have near zero experience with exchanging keycaps.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Well BWU 2013 still had Cherry switches so I'm sticking with those.  Damn, the Vortex Doubleshot PBT Backlit keycaps were on Massdrop just a little bit ago.  I jumped on it immediately.  Not sure if you can find it elsewhere, other than that I have near zero experience with exchanging keycaps.

Yea, I saw those.  Only $30 too.  I just didn't want to jump the gun until I knew how I felt about these keycaps.  They are just grimy.  I haven't even owned this thing for a week and the keycaps are disgusting.  Its an oil and grease magnet, and I don't even know how because of my rigorous hand sanitizing.  I was thinking about maybe going for a White keycap with the silver backdrop and the blue LED.  That could look kinda cool.  Then I have seen all these cutsom keycaps, and I'm thinking maybe I should pimp this keyboard out!

Yea, I saw those. Only $30 too. I just didn't want to jump the gun until I knew how I felt about these keycaps. They are just grimy. I haven't even owned this thing for a week and the keycaps are disgusting. Its an oil and grease magnet, and I don't even know how because of my rigorous hand sanitizing. I was thinking about maybe going for a White keycap with the silver backdrop and the blue LED. That could look kinda cool. Then I have seen all these cutsom keycaps, and I'm thinking maybe I should pimp this keyboard out!

I bought the vortex PBT double shot from massdrop. Watch the mechanical keyboard keycap guide Luke did. PBT is a textured plastic keycap. The doubleshot part means that two separate pieces of plastic so the legends will never wear off. My legend keys are louder than the black widow ultimates I tried, and the legend click and clack both sound deeper

A full effing week.  It took NCIXUS a full 7 business days to respond to my customer support ticket regarding the Stabilizers in my Ducky Shine Legend.  Not an RMA, a simple "contact us" via email inquiry.  Absolutely, inexcusable for it to take 7 business days for them to reply.

It took their tech support a week to reply to my message but in the mean time I got my RMA Number in less than 24 hours after submitting my request on 02-19-15. The last time I messaged them in early 2014, it only took them a few hours to reply to my inquiry so I don't know what's changed since then.

Bit off topic, but wtf is up with NCIX RMA.  I request for RMA refund, and they transfer me to Technical Support? I DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT LET ME RETURN IT GOD DAMN IT.

Thank you for that. Those are even, exactly how they should look.  Is your left shift uneven?

What I did to kinda fix mine....  by no means perfect, but it helped.  I have some Slick Honey Bike Grease(safe for plastics).  I took a really fine paintbrush that I had to buy, I actually went to a CVS and bought a makeup brush, get the smallest one you can find.  And I lubed up all the contact points that is recommended in Ripster's Keyboard Science Lube Guide.  That kinda sorta helped with the stabilizers getting stuck on the bottom, but what I had to do that really fixed it, was I grabbed both stabilizers with tweezers, pulled them to the up most position, and had to carefully line up all the contact points and push down really hard in one swift motion to make sure all 3 contacts connected evenly.  It is better, not perfect, but manageable.  Give that a try with your left shift.

The Ducky Mini V1 is my main keyboard. And I don't bring it to work. Since my workplace does not involve the use of keyboards.

If it did, then I probably would bring it along since it's so small and light.

The YotH however is slightly worse in terms of useability, which keeps me from using it as my daily driver. And the massive weight of it doesn't make it ideal for moving around.

Not Sure If you guys are intrested but I posted a review of my AKG K550

I'm just trying to get my hands on a Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown keyboard lol.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

I'm just trying to get my hands on a Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown keyboard lol.

I wanted the corsair K70 RGB with MX blues, However I couldn't find one. Luckily I found this and fell in love, because I've heard some things about corsair's QC issues, and manufacturing defects. 

Not Sure If you guys are intrested but I posted a review of my AKG K550

Not cool to snake into someone else's review, of a completely different product category no less.

Not cool to snake into someone else's review, of a completely different product category no less.

While I agree it isn't cool, do take into account that he is the author or thread starter of both this and the K550 reviews.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

While I agree it isn't cool, do take into account that he is the author or thread starter of both this and the K550 reviews.

Ohh whoops, I missed that.  On my phone, mi mal.  Mi mal.

I wrote the review. I'm leaving a link to all my reviews in every review, I know they're unrelated reviews but if you like one, I thought you would like to read another.

No offense taken.

Your still mad at ncix aren't you.=)

I wrote the review. I'm leaving a link to all my reviews in every review, I know they're unrelated reviews but if you like one, I thought you would like to read another.

No offense taken.

I know, I was on my phone and didn't make that connection, I thought someone random was snaking into your review and trying to steal your audience.  My bad, I will check out the AKG review!

Thanks. The LTT forum needs a better mobile website. Or even better they should get an app

Thanks. The LTT forum needs a better mobile website. Or even better they should get an app

Its functional enough, I use it on my phone a ton, but I would like to be able to give likes to someone, or see more detail.  Minor gripes, I would be fine if they kept it the way it is to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Its functional enough, I use it on my phone a ton, but I would like to be able to give likes to someone, or see more detail.  Minor gripes, I would be fine if they kept it the way it is to be honest.

I do wish they would change their writing system, I got very frustrated when I was writing my newest review of the Moto G, cause I was trying to do some fancy formatting.

Cool review

Thanks, which pictures did you think looked better these or the Moto G pictures, I'm not sure which I like more.