Low PPD

Go to solution Solved by Prastupok,

I don't think I"m getting any bonuses yet considering I've yet to even complete a work unit. So I can't determine what core WUs I get right?

Quote from Whaler_99:

"http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Cores

This is an explanation of all the type of Cores within the FAH project.

The Core15 series is optimized for the NVidia chipset and really takes advantage of Cuda. This is a series for NVidia cards.

The Core16 series is was designed for AMD but still seems to have some NVidia coding on it. AMD cards never did as well on these as NVidia did on Core15.

Now, we get to the Core17 series. Specifically designed to address the OpenCL issues of Core16 and bring a single core for both brands. And they did it. This series pretty much brings AMD and NVidia in line with each other. There were also other tweaks done to this series which result in very high points awarded, regardless of AMD or NVidia."

So I just started folding and I saw that people get like 350k or something and I'm only getting like 760. Is it just because I just started? I haven't gotten any points yet. I'm running a g3258 and a gtx 960. I figured, why not? I don't use the gpu much anyways lol.

post-184071-0-46672600-1425002669.png

I actually ran FAHControl and found that my points per day was actually 120k. It's still a little low though so I was wondering if anyone knew if that's normal for my setup?

I actually ran FAHControl and found that my points per day was actually 120k. It's still a little low though so I was wondering if anyone knew if that's normal for my setup?

It depends on what core WUs you're getting. Some give much higher PPD and bonuses as well.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It depends on what core WUs you're getting. Some give much higher PPD and bonuses as well.

I don't think I"m getting any bonuses yet considering I've yet to even complete a work unit. So I can't determine what core WUs I get right?

Quote from Whaler_99:

The Core15 series is optimized for the NVidia chipset and really takes advantage of Cuda. This is a series for NVidia cards.

The Core16 series is was designed for AMD but still seems to have some NVidia coding on it. AMD cards never did as well on these as NVidia did on Core15.

Now, we get to the Core17 series. Specifically designed to address the OpenCL issues of Core16 and bring a single core for both brands. And they did it. This series pretty much brings AMD and NVidia in line with each other. There were also other tweaks done to this series which result in very high points awarded, regardless of AMD or NVidia."

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Quote from Whaler_99:

I can't find a quote from Whaler in that but I think I understand. How do I change the WU cores that I'm getting and which core series would be optimized for my system?

I can't find a quote from Whaler in that but I think I understand. How do I change the WU cores that I'm getting and which core series would be optimized for my system?

That whole post was from Whaler_99.

It's chosen by Stanford, as far as I know. You don't get to pick which you get. (don't hold me to that, but I'm 99% sure.)

Don't worry about your PPD. Just be glad that you're involved in helping the greater good. The points will roll in.

That whole post was from Whaler_99.

It's chosen by Stanford, as far as I know. You don't get to pick which you get. (don't hold me to that, but I'm 99% sure.)

Don't worry about your PPD. Just be glad that you're involved in helping the greater good. The points will roll in.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!

Absolutely, thanks for joining in. Hope to see some big numbers from you!

And also, welcome to the forums :)

Yes, you don't get to choose. Sometimes you will get "good" ones and sometimes some "bad" ones in relation to PPD output. Also, make sure you get a passkey. Once you have that added, and you finish 10 WU's, you will qualify for bonus points, QRB's.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks, Whaler_99 :)