Can't find a Corsair K70 RGB with brown switches

Hey, I'm new here (don't even know if this is where i should be posting this) and I've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard because right now I'm using a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate, and I've had it pretty much since it was released and its decent but its showing signs of wearing down and I didn't really know anything about keyboards when I bought it (I pretty much just bought it for the Switchblade UI, which is next to useless), so I think its about time to upgrade to a mechanical one.

I've did a bunch of research and I've settled on either the Corsair K70 RGB or the Ducky Shine 4, and I'm leaning towards the K70 not just because of the lighting effects, but because of the way it looks, the aluminum backplate, the included wristrest, and the media keys with the volume roller, but the problem is I've decided on Cherry MX Browns and i can't find a K70 RGB with browns anywhere they're out of stock on Amazon, and I can't find them anywhere else. So I've got a couple questions:

First: Is the K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns just out of stock right now, and if so how soon do you think it'll take to get them back in stock, or are they just not making the version with browns anymore?

Second: What are your thoughts on the Shine 4 vs K70 RGB, which feels better, what advantages does the Shine 4 have over the K70 RGB?

Third: What will the transition be like from a membrane keyboard to a keyboard with Cherry MX Browns, like will it take time to get used to them and how different do they feel?

Well thats about it, so thanks in advance for any replies. -Alex

First: Is the K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns just out of stock right now, and if so how soon do you think it'll take to get them back in stock, or are they just not making the version with browns anymore?

I've just seen shops here in Germany and also Austria that'll get new K70 RGB (browns) in 1-2 weeks. So if we get them, then you should also. I assume you live in the USA.

I'd go with the Duck, I got so fed up with not being able to find a K70 RGB in Browns that I ended up buying a K70 Brown switch from Linus AND getting a pebble for the same price.

The ducky is pure quality as far as I know, ITs driverless as well.

The transition shouldn't be too bad, I was using a membrane keyboard for the longest of times after I sold my Razer Blackwidow, I switched back to mechanical today and I love it, only thing I need to get used to is the slightly different layout and size of it. It shouldn't slow you down too far and it shouldn't feel bad as well.

As for the when will the RGB be back in stock: They've said February and its been out of stock since late November. I wouldn't count on finding one any time soon. Hence why I've given up.

EDIT: Look at this wonderfully long reply... I think you can tell im back on Cherry switches :D

For the transition from membrane to Cherry MX Browns, it should be fairly easy. I think it might be one if the easiest since it is not extremely light or heavy like reds or blacks and you won't have the possibility for clicks to drive you crazy like blues. But many people like the clicks of blues but that is up to you. For me, I have family members and it would probably be too loud but I might get them soon or later since my family isn't always around me.

Alright thanks guys I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks since the ducky isn't even available in the US till march and if the K70 with browns still isn't in stock by the time the Ducky is released I'll just go with the Ducky.

Alright thanks guys I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks since the ducky isn't even available in the US till march and if the K70 with browns still isn't in stock by the time the Ducky is released I'll just go with the Ducky.

K70 RGB Brown switches are now available on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816025

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'd go with the Duck, I got so fed up with not being able to find a K70 RGB in Browns that I ended up buying a K70 Brown switch from Linus AND getting a pebble for the same price.

The ducky is pure quality as far as I know, ITs driverless as well.

The transition shouldn't be too bad, I was using a membrane keyboard for the longest of times after I sold my Razer Blackwidow, I switched back to mechanical today and I love it, only thing I need to get used to is the slightly different layout and size of it. It shouldn't slow you down too far and it shouldn't feel bad as well.

As for the when will the RGB be back in stock: They've said February and its been out of stock since late November. I wouldn't count on finding one any time soon. Hence why I've given up.

EDIT: Look at this wonderfully long reply... I think you can tell im back on Cherry switches :D

Its currently in stock, but I don't know for how long.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

K70 RGB Brown switches are now available on newegg.

Watch out though. It does have the new logo which I don't mind at all if I was the buy this version. But, some may find this a deal breaker so just be aware of that so you are not surprised and disappointed if this wasn't what you were expecting. Otherwise, this is a great keyboard and I don't think the new logo should make you turn away from it since people would mostly see the lights rather than the logo.

There are some K70 RGB's with Browns available here in Australia, although they are overpriced... that is probably fine with you though, and your strong US dollar. However, you might have trouble shipping them to the US :)

50Cent sweg.

Hey thanks the heads up I think I'm gonna go with the K70 RGB since the Shine still isn't available yet.