Please Help Me -SOLID STATE HYBRID DRIVE problems

valka

I recently bought a Seagate 1tb sshd, I attempted to install Windows 8.1 via usb, but every time I tried it simply told me to enable the disk's controller from the BIOS which to my knowledge is, please help

I recently bought a Seagate 1tb sshd, I attempted to install Windows 8.1 via usb, but every time I tried it simply told me to enable the disk's controller from the BIOS which to my knowledge is, please help

I'm not exactly sure about your problem here. Let's ask a storage expert from WD!

@Captain_WD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hello valka and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :)

Thanks for the mention @STRMfrmXMN . Sadly, I don't get notifications from mentions. If you need me, drop me a PM or a post on the feed (for future reference). :)

How is that drive recognized in the BIOS (can you provide a screenshot of it)? Have you tried different SATA ports or cables? Have ou tried another drive and see if it works? 

Providing your full specs would be more helpful. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hello valka and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :)

Thanks for the mention @STRMfrmXMN . Sadly, I don't get notifications from mentions. If you need me, drop me a PM or a post on the feed (for future reference). :)

How is that drive recognized in the BIOS (can you provide a screenshot of it)? Have you tried different SATA ports or cables? Have ou tried another drive and see if it works? 

Providing your full specs would be more helpful. 

Captain_WD.

Ah, OK sorry.

By chance, do you have tags turned off on purpose?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Ah, OK sorry.

By chance, do you have tags turned off on purpose?

No, there is some sort of a problem with me getting them. I have spoken to the mods, but there is little they can do. That's why I tell people to contact me via other ways if needed. :) 

@captain_WD Do you work for WD?

Yes, I am a official Western Digital Rep. Check my signature :)

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

@captain_WD in that signature you say that: "WD is making a contest for creative people in the UK, Germany and France with big prizes!" The Netherlands is like right in the middle of these three ;( why cant we have big prizes? 

This specific competition is for those three countries. There may be other competitions for other countries and I will make sure to notify everyone as long as it's permitted by the LTT's CoC. :) If you need more info on it, feel free to visit the page in my signature or PM me. 

Captain_WD.