Quiet static pressure fans?

harry9s

So I got my h100i a month or so ago and have since installed some Noctua NA-SRC7 low noise adapters to the fans. The noise was significantly reduced but now one of the fans makes almost like a rubbing/clicking sound almost all the way until max rpm. Its not terribly loud, but it kind of annoys me. 

I am definately not an expert on fans but have decent general pc knowledge, so don't get too concerned. ;)

I am looking for some high static pressure fans because my 4690k is overclocked to 4.7ghz. They must be quiet and good at undervolting if necessary.

Edit: Also, preferably black.

Any reccomendations?

My specs are as follows:

• CPU
      4690k @ 4.7 ghz
    • Motherboard
      MSI Z87-GD65
    • RAM
      8Gb of corsair vengance lp
    • GPU
      970 G1 Gaming
    • Case
      Corsair 300r
    • Storage
      128gb sandisk ssd and old 500gb hard drive
    • PSU
      novatech 1000w bronze
    • Cooling
      H100i

Yate Loons

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

since you already have the adapter from Noctua I recommend their fans aswell

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

since you already have the adapter from Noctua I recommend their fans aswell

I hate to be the 10000th guy to say this, but their colour scheme isn't the best...

I hate to be the 10000th guy to say this, but their colour scheme isn't the best...

I think their Industrial Fans are not that ugly, the question is though how good those undervolt

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

I think their Industrial Fans are not that ugly, the question is though how good those undervolt

Yeah they are better looking but still have a bit of brown on them. #ColourSchemeOCD 

Yeah they are better looking but still have a bit of brown on them. #ColourSchemeOCD 

mhmm BeQuiet Shadow rock, not sure if those are SP though

mhmm BeQuiet Shadow rock, not sure if those are SP though

All that seems to come up on google and amazon is a cpu cooler.

All that seems to come up on google and amazon is a cpu cooler.

Holy f I derped up sorry ^^ I mean silent wings oh god I should go to bed :D

Holy f I derped up sorry ^^ I mean silent wings oh god I should go to bed :D

Looking at the specs, they appear to have about 1/4 of the static pressure of the stock fans. :wacko:

Looking at the specs, they appear to have about 1/4 of the static pressure of the stock fans.

Could be a hard one to find the perfect fans for you :)

Could be a hard one to find the perfect fans for you :)

I know. I'm very picky!

Problem is; there aren't many fans that are both quiet and high pressure(for obvious reasons).

you could spray paint those noctuas, would be a pain in the ass though

Well these don't look too bad, and I could replace the brown anti vibration pads for all black:  http://www.noctua.at....

Although it is to be expected with noctua, I do NOT like the price on those...  

£50 for 2 on amazon...

Looking at the specs, they appear to have about 1/4 of the static pressure of the stock fans. :wacko:

Willing to bet your stock fans spin much faster than the be quiet ones, lower rpm means lower pressure, so if you're never running them at full speed, comparing specs is kind of useless.

Willing to bet your stock fans spin much faster than the be quiet ones, lower rpm means lower pressure, so if you're never running them at full speed, comparing specs is kind of useless.

I see your point and you are right, but I am comparing them at 12v and assuming the fan speed on both is roughly linear at lower voltages. If that makes sense. :)

I did take the fact that the rpm is lower into consideration.

I see your point and you are right, but I am comparing them at 12v and assuming the fan speed on both is roughly linear at lower voltages. If that makes sense. :)

I did take the fact that the rpm is lower into consideration.

I don't think you can assume things are linear with aerodynamics, I know for a fact that aero drag is not linear for example.

I don't think you can assume things are linear with aerodynamics, I know for a fact that aero drag is not linear for example.

Good point. But I have no data on how much pressure there is at lower voltages, only at 12v

The rubber corners are removable.

For some odd reason, Gentle Typhoons are still for sale and are great: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/scythe-case-fan-d1225c12b1ap11

If you really need black fans, Apaches are a cheaper option: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/akasa-case-fan-akfn058

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.