Asus Phoebus Update

Olias

Hey guys 

It seems that Asus published a complete new interface for the Phoebus without telling anyone....

After removing the old (terrible) software for Phoebus i installed the new Driver and i was complete surprised by the new interface.

It looks like Asus finally throw the old ROG Xonar Phoebus Software away and started from scratch again. The new Software Center is now called Sonic Studio Pro and it looks simply awesome.

On the left side you have the main Settings with Volume Control and Recording Control and the Audio formats.

Below that there are Profiles to select but unfortunately at the moment these Settings are disabled.

On the right side there are the Sonic Studio Pro audio Effects.It is basically the same as Home Theater and you can only use these if you disable Dolby Home Theater. If you enable Sonic Studio you can basic play around with some Equalizer Settings and do some tuning. I still prefer Dolby Home Theater but it´s definitely much better then the Xear Option in the Previous Driver. 

On the top you can select you Audio input and Output.

Finally it looks like Asus gave the Phoebus the software it deserves. The software looks nice AND it performs really good with no bugs encountered yet.

I´m simply happy that after sticking with the Pheobus for over 3 years now (the first year was hell...), the Phoebus is finally at the point where i can recommend it.... 

post-61128-0-81976800-1424975553.png

post-61128-0-14217600-1424975555.jpg

post-61128-0-81976800-1424975553.png

post-61128-0-14217600-1424975555.jpg

Uh thats a fancy GUI really nice that they did it for existing Hardware they could be jerks and sell a new product just for that

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Good. Maybe someday they'll learn how to build a real headphone amplifier.

Good. Maybe someday they'll learn how to build a real headphone amplifier.

Well asus does have the xonar essence (the external amp one I think)

Which is just a flashy STX with some bigger words strapped too it. 

Need I point out that any product that advertises audio upsampling is dumb.

Which is just a flashy STX with some bigger words strapped too it. 

Only the Essence STU, the One is actually technically very different from the STX. It is actually a very good design for the money it costs.

Only the Essence STU, the One is actually technically very different from the STX. It is actually a very good design for the money it costs.

It really isn't.

I love it when my audio subforum turns into a software subforum.

What makes it good for the money?

Why, because discussion of Assoos kills your erection?

What makes it good for the money?

It has a fully balanced design, comparable dac-s are more expensive. You could argue if it makes it sound any better but at least in terms of electrical design it is really good for the price.

It has a fully balanced design, comparable dac-s are more expensive. You could argue if it makes it sound any better but at least in terms of electrical design it is really good for the price.

Sure, if paying for a useless feature can be called "good for the price".

Sure, if paying for a useless feature can be called "good for the price".

People also pay for expensive watches and it is not like they display the time any better. For someone who wants the technology anyway despite not having a real benefit it is good. But I really don´t feel like arguing over this. It you don´t care about electrical design and appearance it is not like you have to buy it.

People also pay for expensive watches and it is not like they display the time any better. For someone who wants the technology anyway despite not having a real benefit it is good. But I really don´t feel like arguing over this. It you don´t care about electrical design and appearance it is not like you have to buy it.

Yeah no, people who buy expensive watches are equally dumb as people that over pay for audio products. 

But I really don´t feel like arguing over this.

Why, because you don't actually have an argument?

Why, because you don't actually have an argument?

You arent supporting a friendly atmosphere, shut the fuck up bby.

Plain-Jane audio interfaces have balanced outputs for under $200. People who believe "true" balanced outputs are really necessary shouldn't be buying something as cheap as a Xonar.

Yeah no, people who buy expensive watches are equally dumb as people that over pay for audio products.

Woah woah woah, just because you cant spend money on expensive watches doesnt mean expensive watches is dumb

Woah woah woah, just because you cant spend money on expensive watches doesnt mean expensive watches is dumb

As an owner of a $400 watch.....Sometime I put peanut butter on my asshole and get my dog to lick it off. 

Why jump to the conclusion that someone doesn't like something because they can't afford it?

You arent supporting a friendly atmosphere, shut the fuck up bby.

I'm not friendly.

Why jump to the conclusion that someone doesn't like something because they can't afford it?

I'm not friendly.

And thats my favorite parts. 

I know right.  Spending a copious amount of money on a gold toilet isn't unreasonable either.  How can anyone have a healthy colon without a gold toilet?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

As an owner of a $400 watch.....Sometime I put peanut butter on my asshole and get my dog to lick it off. 

I don't get it.

Plain-Jane audio interfaces have balanced outputs for under $200. People who believe "true" balanced outputs are really necessary shouldn't be buying something as cheap as a Xonar.

Balanced output does not equal fully balanced design. In a fully balanced design the signal is created as fully balanced from the start. For each channel one stereo dac chip is used to create the original and inverted signal. This principle is kept through the design in the I/V conversion, filter and buffer stage. So the dac is essentially a 4 channel dac where 2 channels are used for the inverted signal.

Balanced output does not equal fully balanced design. In a fully balanced design the signal is created as fully balanced from the start. For each channel one stereo dac chip is used to create the original and inverted signal. This principle is kept through the design in the I/V conversion, filter and buffer stage. So the dac is essentially a 4 channel dac where 2 channels are used for the inverted signal.

You don't think I know that? Why would I put "true" in quote marks if I didn't know this?

My point was: if you're going to buy into the snake oil that is balanced audio (outside of professional applications), then you shouldn't be buying something so relatively cheap. There's so much more snake oil to be had by spending more money.