Samsung to freeze employee salaries for the first time since 2009

Samsung_AP_1-624x351.jpg

Well, this isn't good news for the employees of Samsung who are taking the brunt of the losses that Samsung has lately incurred in their mobile divisions. 

Their chip business is running full steam ahead as always but the losses in the year to year sales in the mobile division are giving Samsung a death of a thousand cuts. Maybe stop making 42 varieties of phones each year and start slashing all the needless RD costs that sustaining that kind of output requires? 

Samsung Electronics will freeze employee salaries this year for the first time since 2009, a spokeswoman for the South Korean company said on Thursday, without elaborating.

The move comes after the company’s profit declined in 2014 for the first time in three years as its lead in smartphones was challenged by Apple.

According to a report, Samsung had posted its first drop in annual net profit in three years, just a few days after arch-rival Apple reported the biggest corporate profit in history. The tech giant said it recorded a net profit of 23.4 trillion won ($21.45 billion) in 2014, down 23.2% from a year ago and the first decline since 2011.

The fall was cushioned in the fourth quarter by a boom in high-margin chip sales that helped offset the downturn in the key mobile sector, with operating profit in the semi-conductor division rising 35.7% to 2.7 trillion won in the October-December period from a year earlier.

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/samsung-to-freeze-employee-salaries-for-the-first-time-since-2009-256340.html

Maybe stop making 42 varieties of phones each year....

If only that was a possibility......and if only every other manufacturer would figure this out. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

they sold plastic too long an thought that no one can archive their succes, well a "new" company namd HTC came and 360 no scoped samsung at the high end market, maybe they should stop making a bazilion mobiles that are dirt cheap and not usable

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Make TouchWiz less buggy and not as heavy on Android = Profit.

Or just improve everything people don't like. Just a suggestion.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

If only that was a possibility......and if only every other manufacturer would figure this out. 

that would be the last thing for samsung to do, their strategy has always been trow shit at the wall and see what it sticks on it, flooding the market with a lot of different phone is that, given users as many option so they buy what better suits their need, is the total opposite of apple, another example is that in a mere 6 months the have a full line of speaker that compete head to head with sonos offerings, something that it tooks years for sonos to build

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

they sold plastic too long an thought that no one can archive their succes, well a "new" company namd HTC came and 360 no scoped samsung at the high end market, maybe they should stop making a bazilion mobiles that are dirt cheap and not usable

You do realize, that the high end market is very small? This is why Xiaomi and Motorola are thriving right now. Low end market is where its at.

You do realize, that the high end market is very small? This is why Xiaomi and Motorola are thriving right now. Low end market is where its at.

Well we see that Samsung still has problems altough they have many many low end phones, more and more people buy flagship phones so High End is not that small I think

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

It really isn't that small. Pretty much everyone I know uses Nexus 4/5/6s, HTC One M7/M8s, or Galaxy S4/S5s. Including the people I know who aren't all that well off.

It really isn't that small. Pretty much everyone I know uses Nexus 4/5/6s, HTC One M7/M8s, or Galaxy S4/S5s. Including the people I know who aren't all that well off.

This is probably the smallest base for a subjective statement I've heard. Whereas for me, I only know 2-3 people who use high end Android phones, tho iPhones are a whole other story.

This is probably the smallest base for a subjective statement I've heard. Whereas for me, I only know 2-3 people who use high end Android phones, tho iPhones are a whole other story.

I'm referring to pretty much my whole school. Low end phones really aren't common here; people just get their phones with their contract from their carriers, and pretty much all of the carriers' offerings are high end.