what hard drive should i go for?

ExcitezR

so im looking to get a new hard drive to put the majority of my games one and i also have a lot of images that are quite large as i do photography.

currently have a WD green 1TB for like 2009 so its not very fast and only has about 100GBs left on in and a segate 500GB 5400RPM.

im looking for a good amount of speed but a fair amount of space these are the two drives that i have found if you have one could you tell me what you think of it and what sort of speed you get out of it thanks.

gdxvz.png

gdxww.jpg

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

The Black would probably perform a little better, but the extra terabyte of the Deskstar would sway me over. 

The Black would probably perform a little better, but the extra terabyte of the Deskstar would sway me over. 

thats why i was leaning more to that 

PC PART PICKER

Hitachi drives have the lowest failure rates.

HGST (Hitachi) are owned by WD. So Hitachi drives are WD drives technically, there's not much difference between failure rates. 

This reminds me of my new 2TB Green WD HD when it booted with a grinding noise :( 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

HGST (Hitachi) are owned by WD. So Hitachi drives are WD drives technically, there's not much difference between failure rates. 

Didn't know that :0 you're right though, the difference between WD and Hitachi is negligible.

blog-fail-drives-manufacture.jpg

Didn't know that :0 you're right though, the difference between WD and Hitachi is negligible.

wow seagates QC is good lol 

PC PART PICKER

Backblaze's "research" is massively flawed and completely invalid. They put drives in conditions they were never meant to be in (IE consumer drives in database situations), along with a huge amount of refurbished and old drives. 

It's been discredited multiple times, both this years results and the ones before.