What brand camera / medium do you use?

LemonSpice

Post comment and discuss

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Can't beat my Cannon D50 :D

Actually "Other", because I use my phone..

But sometimes I use my dad's Canon camera

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Currently a Sony A7

really want a 5dmk3 or something too but we shall see

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I like to take pictures but I'm a complete amateur, and when I take pictures it's mostly of my hardware/food.  Luckily, my mom's a professional photographer, so I have a wide variety of $500+ cameras and lenses to use.  Right now I'm using a Lumix G5 that she doesn't need because she's doing platinum printing atm, and a REALLY nice macro lens on it.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

using the iPhone 6 atm pretty good camera, would love to get a DSLR though

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Currently a Sony A7

really want a 5dmk3 or something too but we shall see

how is the a7 electronic viewfinder in low light

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

i got a nikon d3100

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

how is the a7 electronic viewfinder in low light

Fantastic tbh, Im completely sold on EVFs over OVF, sure the d800/5d ones are big and bright, but so is the A7 one, even in low light its just as clear and easy to use, focus peaking, and all of the information present is great, as well as settings previews, or even just reviewing back photos and videos

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am surprised by the lack of nikon and film

Most of the time I don't have my camera with me, so using a potato camera that is in Samsung Galaxy S2. Anywhere where there isn't bright light, it plain sucks, but it get's the job done.

But I do have Canon 1000D. Yes, it's old, but scored it for 112€, and bought the EF 50mm f1.8 later to it. Still not quite good in low light, thanks to maximum ISO of 1600... And bad noise performance... But I have been looking to upgrade:

right now I'm thinking of choosing between second-hand Canon 600D (or  60D if I get lucky), or Sony DSC RX100 as an upgrade (I can find those second-handed for 300€ or less, so they're within my budget). I like DSLRs for the image quality and manual controls they provide, but student budget isn't exactly big, and there is a sort-of camera hysteria in this country: people get uncomfortable when they see a DSLR, especially with a large lens being carried in public. Plus can't carry DSLRs everywhere, as while it doesn't really weight much, I just don't bother to carry one everywhere as it slows me down a lot (I run from place to place whenever I can, plus when I'm on the move, I move a lot, so mobility is a big one).

Micro four thirds cameras aren't really getting as cheap yet, but otherwise they could be good options IMO. I'm just a little clueless how would RX100 perform when recording videos... Like does it have manual controls while recording and how good is the image and audio quality? Or if not, then what small cameras would be good for those? Manual controls (at least for photos) are a must though, which unfortunately many compact cameras lack.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

A Sony G series pocket camera, and my Sony Xperia Z1. 

I used to have a Nikon L110, which was shit. 

I don't use a camera much to justify the purchase of a RX100 or something. 

I used to take photos quite a bit though. (Wish I had some on hand) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Canon for film and digital (have had EF glass for forever). Fujifilm X100 for street photography and on occasion studio work (the leaf shutter comes in handy) and their Velvia film if I decide to shoot film.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Fantastic tbh, Im completely sold on EVFs over OVF, sure the d800/5d ones are big and bright, but so is the A7 one, even in low light its just as clear and easy to use, focus peaking, and all of the information present is great, as well as settings previews, or even just reviewing back photos and videos

EVF's are cool because of their overlays, but I still think they have a way to go before they out do OVF's completely, especially in low light. Most of the EVF's i've used lag and struggle with focus in lowlight.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

EVF's are cool because of their overlays, but I still think they have a way to go before they out do OVF's completely, especially in low light. Most of the EVF's i've used lag and struggle with focus in lowlight.

not something I have experienced with my A7, and I have shot tons of night images, from the countryside to street shooting in london, and long exposure stuff and I  only shoot with manual lenses (currently some canon FD glass) the focus peaking and EVF have yet to do anything funky on me

I have equally had times where I could see nothing through my OVF during a dark shoot and thus could not focus

I am surprised by the lack of nikon and film

Canon has been popular for a long time. I believe they have the majority of the market for DSLR's.

And I believe the reason we dont see many film shooters is because it's expensive to buy, develop, and scan to digital. Depending on the film it could cost almost $100 per roll to do the entire thing.

Canon has been popular for a long time. I believe they have the majority of the market for DSLR's.

And I believe the reason we dont see many film shooters is because it's expensive to buy, develop, and scan to digital. Depending on the film it could cost almost $100 per roll to do the entire thing.

yeah I have an old canon t70 I occasionally shoot film with but its expensive, and I really only do it for some fun, would never shoot this way properly, its just a lot of hassle and cost that I could do without

not something I have experienced with my A7, and I have shot tons of night images, from the countryside to street shooting in london, and long exposure stuff and I  only shoot with manual lenses (currently some canon FD glass) the focus peaking and EVF have yet to do anything funky on me

I have equally had times where I could see nothing through my OVF during a dark shoot and thus could not focus

That would explain it. Your shooting with manual lenses with peaking. That's an entirely different thing and probably the only realiable way to shoot at night. Try shooting a bit of action with an af lens and you'll see the only real negative to the EVF.

I agree about not being able to see through OVF's during certain conditions (I guess its why cameras have AF lamps). It's also why I hate certain cameras removing the ability to switch focusing screens. Some are considerably brighter than others.

yeah I have an old canon t70 I occasionally shoot film with but its expensive, and I really only do it for some fun, would never shoot this way properly, its just a lot of hassle and cost that I could do without

I stopped shooting film when I lost access to a darkroom (no space in my house to build one and its chemicals are too expensive to maintain). It's too expensive to give film to someone else to develop. The other issue is that not a lot of places develop 645 film. The only time I will shoot film is if someone demanded that paid work be done on film (which rarely happens).

That would explain it. Your shooting with manual lenses with peaking. That's an entirely different thing and probably the only realiable way to shoot at night. Try shooting a bit of action with an af lens and you'll see the only real negative to the EVF.

I agree about not being able to see through OVF's during certain conditions (I guess its why cameras have AF lamps). It's also why I hate certain cameras removing the ability to switch focusing screens. Some are considerably brighter than others.

yeah maybe, not tried anything that way, but still, even using my AF lenses not really had any issues , though nothing has been anything action related, my A7 is not great at action stuff anyway, not unless I am using the LEA4 adapter and a mount lenses where it focuses much faster with constant phase detection

I stopped shooting film when I lost access to a darkroom (no space in my house to build one and its chemicals are too expensive to maintain). It's too expensive to give film to someone else to develop. The other issue is that not a lot of places develop 645 film. The only time I will shoot film is if someone demanded that paid work be done on film (which rarely happens).

yeah that makes sense, I just do it recreationally, but im talking like a roll a year or something, just an excuse to crack it out and have a shot :)

Canon, got my uncle his old 350D as birthday gift, sticked with the vrand sice i knew what i would get.

Also since today,

Gopro altough that brand isnt on the list(insert emote because of mobile)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

its more like 20 but still unless your doing a 220 slide film roll and going to a wayyyyy overpriced lab 

Yea i made my own lab in my basement and have a scanner i process Black and white and c-41 (color negative) I use yashica and minolta