Need help and suggestion for building my first gaming PC

Go to solution Solved by BeyondRico,

yes

Okey, yeah then its a good build. butt like the other guys are saying if you are not planning to get another 970 in the future then 750W is a little overkill.

You could save some money on it

i want to build one but im afraid that i choose wrong component, bottlenecking, and overkill

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k 3.5 Ghz 'devil's canyon'

Motherboard: Asus X97-A

Memory: Kingston hyperX fury 16GB kit 1866Ghz ( choose this instead of the 8GB one because price reason, need suggestion)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD and samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD

Video Card: MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G

Case: Phanteks enthoo pro full tower

PSU: Cosair Pro series HX 750 watt

Cooling System: CM Nepton 280L liquid water cooling System

i want to overclocking it. Want to play AAA games at ultra setting (if i can play it at ultra settings, i can play all types of games smoothly right? atleast i want play witcher 3 smoothly, correct me if im wrong)  , and open 50 tabs on google chrome (habit and to lazy to bookmark)

Please Help

Thanks

You won't be able to play ALL AAA games on ultra (especially witcher 3!), however all of them will run smoothly on high/very high for a while.

yeah i know that u need NASA super computer to play withcer 3 on ultra, and i just follow some of linus tips on youtube. can it survived for more than 4 years? thanks for helping

yeah i know that u need NASA super computer to play withcer 3 on ultra, and i just follow some of linus tips on youtube. can it survived for more than 4 years? thanks for helping

It is definitely usable for the next 4 years, it's just that in 4 years time you'll have to play the latest games on low-medium

Looks really good, but you have too much power for a single GTX 970.  Unless you plan on getting another 970 later, you can drop down to a 500w-650W.

I am sorry but the asus x97-A does not exist.

Do you mean z97-A?

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

It is definitely usable for the next 4 years, it's just that in 4 years time you'll have to play the latest games on low-medium

what must i do or replace to be able play it on high/ very high again?

what must i do or replace to be able play it on high/ very high again?

That was a guess Snithczel.  No one knows how advanced the hardware will get in 4 years... it is just a guess.

This is a great system and you have the option to add a second 970 in the future if you dont get enough power out of this beast 

I am sorry but the asus x97-A does not exist.

Do you mean z97-A?

yes

yes

Okey, yeah then its a good build. butt like the other guys are saying if you are not planning to get another 970 in the future then 750W is a little overkill.

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

maybe i put it just in case i need more 970 in future. but if only one 970, what is the better option?

Around 450-500W.

its enough for one 970.

i want to build one but im afraid that i choose wrong component, bottlenecking, and overkill

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k 3.5 Ghz 'devil's canyon'

Motherboard: Asus X97-A

Memory: Kingston hyperX fury 16GB kit 1866Ghz ( choose this instead of the 8GB one because price reason, need suggestion)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD and samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD

Video Card: MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G

Case: Phanteks enthoo pro full tower

PSU: Cosair Pro series HX 750 watt

Cooling System: CM Nepton 280L liquid water cooling System

i want to overclocking it. Want to play AAA games at ultra setting (if i can play it at ultra settings, i can play all types of games smoothly right? atleast i want play witcher 3 smoothly, correct me if im wrong)  , and open 50 tabs on google chrome (habit and to lazy to bookmark)

Please Help

Thanks

Budget and location?

below 1500$ US. location indonesia

You might want to ship in from China Newegg.

If there is a little bit of time before you are buying this, I would wait to see the specs of the new broadwell i5 coming out and the 300 series from AMD for gpu's

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Great build but are you planning on SLI?

i think one 970 enough, so i will lower psu to 450 watt

If there is a little bit of time before you are buying this, I would wait to see the specs of the new broadwell i5 coming out and the 300 series from AMD for gpu's

there is plenty of time, between 5-12 month. so i could here news about windows 10 or other improvement