Also @LinusTech, nice incorporation of the intel ad-segment at the beginning  ;)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Wow, second page of comments and it looks I'll be the first to talk seriously about this kind of products (thousand-dollar-plus dream-robots aside). Disclaimer, I am a robot geek, and kind of a fanboy about mine.

I watched the video to get a confirmation that I made the right choice buying an automatic vacuum that is the exact opposite of a Roomba. You might be interested in reviewing one of the Neato Botvacs. Main differences are :

- smart path : the robot doesn't wander randomly from room to room. It maps the place, does the borders, and then the middle in long parallel strokes. It only goes to the next room when it's done with the previous one.

- it's a real vaccum, not an electric broom : I never have to vacuum the house (ceramic floor in the main room, hardwood in the bedrooms), I just wash the floor once a week and it stays clean.

- fire and forget : it runs everyday while I'm at work and I've only had to rescue it twice in almost a year, both time because it choked on a forgotten sock under the bed.

- easy to clean : I empty the bin twice a week and vacuum the robot with another vacuum (Xzibit-style) once a week. 

- it understands animals, so when my dog (long white hairs, hence the need to vacuum everyday) moves, the robot circles back and vacuums where it couldn't reach before.

- Bonus point: the fact that it maps the room using a rotating infra-red laser, like Google cars, makes the geek inside jump up and down :-D

On the downside (being a fanboy doesn't make me blind to design flaws) :

- the laser sits 8mm below the top of the robot. If you have furniture that sits at the 'magic height' it gets messy : the robot is intent on getting there and can damage the furniture bumping on it. I had to raise the couch to prevent it from getting stuck there.

- the mapping isn't perfect and the robot sometimes bumps in walls or furniture. Granted Roombas do it all the time, but when you hear smart-robot, you expect better.

Have fun flaming the robot geek ;-)

Linus and Slick need to outfit the roomba's for battle and have them face off against each other.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nice video!

How is your cat doing now @LinusTech?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1ESE1xN

Amazon: http://geni.us/OFn

Roombas have been around for quite a while... about 13 years... but Linus finally decided to give one a shot last year. Are they the perfect "set it and forget it" cleaning tool for anyone that hates vacuuming manually?

my mom swears by it.  They do in fact do a pretty good job at vacuuming

I actually like the fact that you do all kind of tech since it's linustechtips and not linuscomputertips but i think if you have to do a proper cleaning anyway i wouldn't get one of this robots..

I had a roomba back around 2006, it moved forward a few inches, then would stop, move forward a few inches, then stop. I ended up getting rid of it especially when my dog also would chase it everywhere

RELATED: Speaking of robots that make our lives easier. Check these out .

Lawnbotts 20150115_Slider-LineUp.png

Sure, it costs $1200 and up. But its a Roomba for your yard. Cuts all grasses, and mulches them to pulp. The upper end models can even be scheduled and/or driven with a blue-tooth remote control, from your android or iOS device. They sell the LB1200(not pictured) at Newegg.com

THANKS OBAMA!!!

Insert Grump cat NO! meme here!

Thanks Nick!

-------------------

I'm buying one, these are pretty awesome!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I have a better solution

Let somebody else vacuum 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

did anyone else notice something weird at 5:25 ?

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

Yeah, I have a Neato XV robot vacuum and it works really well.  The have amazing phone support too.  Plus it uses LASERS! :)

Wow, second page of comments and it looks I'll be the first to talk seriously about this kind of products (thousand-dollar-plus dream-robots aside). Disclaimer, I am a robot geek, and kind of a fanboy about mine.

I watched the video to get a confirmation that I made the right choice buying an automatic vacuum that is the exact opposite of a Roomba. You might be interested in reviewing one of the Neato Botvacs. Main differences are :

- smart path : the robot doesn't wander randomly from room to room. It maps the place, does the borders, and then the middle in long parallel strokes. It only goes to the next room when it's done with the previous one.

- it's a real vaccum, not an electric broom : I never have to vacuum the house (ceramic floor in the main room, hardwood in the bedrooms), I just wash the floor once a week and it stays clean.

- fire and forget : it runs everyday while I'm at work and I've only had to rescue it twice in almost a year, both time because it choked on a forgotten sock under the bed.

- easy to clean : I empty the bin twice a week and vacuum the robot with another vacuum (Xzibit-style) once a week. 

- it understands animals, so when my dog (long white hairs, hence the need to vacuum everyday) moves, the robot circles back and vacuums where it couldn't reach before.

- Bonus point: the fact that it maps the room using a rotating infra-red laser, like Google cars, makes the geek inside jump up and down :-D

On the downside (being a fanboy doesn't make me blind to design flaws) :

- the laser sits 8mm below the top of the robot. If you have furniture that sits at the 'magic height' it gets messy : the robot is intent on getting there and can damage the furniture bumping on it. I had to raise the couch to prevent it from getting stuck there.

- the mapping isn't perfect and the robot sometimes bumps in walls or furniture. Granted Roombas do it all the time, but when you hear smart-robot, you expect better.

Have fun flaming the robot geek ;-)

@LinusTech or @nicklmg or anyone who would know from LMG: Were portions of this video shot using the quad-rotor was recently reviewed? It looked like some angles were from very high and deep into the upper corners of the room (like the home office with 2 chairs and tripods).

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST