Network Printing via Cascaded Router

chesleywan

I've had a spare Linksys E2000 router sitting around and decided to try setting it up as an access point to increase the wireless coverage in the house. After following the instructions in Linksys KB Article 3733, I got it set up in a LAN to LAN setup and internet access was present, but the connection to the printer was lost. Any ideas?

How is the printer connected, to which router is it connected and do the routers have the same SSID and different channels?

I've had a spare Linksys E2000 router sitting around and decided to try setting it up as an access point to increase the wireless coverage in the house. After following the instructions in Linksys KB Article 3733, I got it set up in a LAN to LAN setup and internet access was present, but the connection to the printer was lost. Any ideas?

What is the IP address of the "main" router?

What is the IP address of your secondary E2000 router?

What port on the E2000 is the incoming connection from the main router plugged into?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

How is the printer connected, to which router is it connected and do the routers have the same SSID and different channels?

Printer is connected to a switch, which is connected to the main router.

What is the IP address of the "main" router?

What is the IP address of your secondary E2000 router?

What port on the E2000 is the incoming connection from the main router plugged into?

Main router is 192.168.100.254. Secondary router is 192.168.100.253. Connection from main router is in one of the LAN ("Ethernet") ports of the secondary router.

I don't see how the second router could affect the network. Did you try restarting all the devices?

Turn off the printer, restart both routers then turn on the printer.

Printer is connected to a switch, which is connected to the main router.

Main router is 192.168.100.254. Secondary router is 192.168.100.253. Connection from main router is in one of the LAN ("Ethernet") ports of the secondary router.

Hmm all of this sounds correct. You're not using the WAN port - which is correct.

I assume you've disabled DHCP and routing functionality on the 2nd router? Have you set 192.168.100.254 as the gateway address on the 2nd router?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Erm. I may have derped really hard and never checked if the printer was actually on... which it should've been by default. Sorry for the trouble!

Erm. I may have derped really hard and never checked if the printer was actually on... which it should've been by default. Sorry for the trouble!

Everything working now?

98e788118dfbf3f96932d4895930c1330a48a8f3

:P