Redmine, issues with installing Linux to work with it.

So I am wanting to do some software development with a friend of mine, seeing as we do not live in the same country, local file sharing and an outlook calender wont really do for handling the project, and since we wont be working full time on this project we wanted something that can keep track of what we were doing if we took a break for a week or so, since we are both still in school.

Introducing Redmine! Fit our needs perfectly, one problem. I have yet to successfully install it onto my Raspberry Pi, yes I know it is not a very powerful system but it should be able to run two users just fine, I haven't even been able to install on a VM. I am new to Linux so I have been following the guides on the Redmine wiki so I wouldn't fuck up, but somehow after trying their CentOS guide, Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora. I am starting to get annoyed because I cant point out what is going wrong.

So what I need is someone who has experience and might want to spend some time trying to guide me through this, or someone who can redirect me to a known to work idiot proof guide, I am student and new to all of this so I need something that I cant fuck up.

I looked into using the "installers" bitnami and docker, but also couldn't get those to work.

Generally I get the "fuck ups" while preparing for Redmine, while installing ruby, apache and what not, something seems to go wrong. 

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope there is someone out there that could help me out.

- BenneMus

So I am wanting to do some software development with a friend of mine, seeing as we do not live in the same country, local file sharing and an outlook calender wont really do for handling the project, and since we wont be working full time on this project we wanted something that can keep track of what we were doing if we took a break for a week or so, since we are both still in school.

Introducing Redmine! Fit our needs perfectly, one problem. I have yet to successfully install it onto my Raspberry Pi, yes I know it is not a very powerful system but it should be able to run two users just fine, I haven't even been able to install on a VM. I am new to Linux so I have been following the guides on the Redmine wiki so I wouldn't fuck up, but somehow after trying their CentOS guide, Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora. I am starting to get annoyed because I cant point out what is going wrong.

So what I need is someone who has experience and might want to spend some time trying to guide me through this, or someone who can redirect me to a known to work idiot proof guide, I am student and new to all of this so I need something that I cant fuck up.

I looked into using the "installers" bitnami and docker, but also couldn't get those to work.

Generally I get the "fuck ups" while preparing for Redmine, while installing ruby, apache and what not, something seems to go wrong. 

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope there is someone out there that could help me out.

- BenneMus

Have you considered Git?

Have you considered Git?

I have yes, Git is not something we want to do.

I have yes, Git is not something we want to do.

Consider installing Arch for arm on your pi. Follow linked tutorial for installing redmine

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/redmine

If you need any help getting arch i can help you and work together to solve what ever redmine issues you have. (i suspect most of the time its permissions)