Don't you just hate it when

people judge you based on what you buy?

I posted a topic regarding Jaybirds Bluebuds X earbuds and everyone was like "Really? 130$ for a pair of headphones? My skullcandies are so much better than those" and such

It's that person's money, you don't decide for them whether or not they buy it.

People ask for OPINIONS not BIASED comments.

I'm just saying it's quite annoying when people are indirectly saying "why are you wasting that much money on _____"

Click here for the topic if you don't know what I'm talking about...

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

If its something that you really like and you have the money for it then buy it who cares what other people think imo :)  I'm the same way too man. ;)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

If its something that you really like and you have the money for it then buy it who cares what other people think imo :)  I'm the same way too man. ;)

Exactly.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

but i can help when you uneducated and you were about to buy a gtx 650 for 250$....

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't take it personally. I realize that they're judging the product, not necessarily me. Plus, when you ask for opinions, you are going to get some that are probably a little biased, but that's the nature of opinions. Rarely can a person hold an unbiased opinion. Whether or not that bias gives you a pleasing opinion is another issue.

Yeah it can be irritating with certain brands etc... people have their loyalties.

But if you make a post asking for opinions, that's exactly what you are going to get, biased and all. Best to take them with a pinch of salt. :)

^ biased comments generally are peoples opinions in a way.

As people said above if you really want it go for it.

But for real I would never buy $130 in ears XD

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

Yeah people in my school are like wtf dude you spent loads of a mechanical keyboard while they blow hundreds in those Dr Dre Beats whatsit headphones.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

You can buy whatever makes you happy but like what @Snickerzz said, if you are WAY overspending for something when you can otherwise get something for the same price or cheaper that is 1000 times better. thats when you are up for criticism.  

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Had a friend call me crazy for buying a Das Keyboard.
they think its to loud. 
course this is a person who bought a HTC One XL cause it has Beats Audio and still thinks the provided headphones are better than my AKG Q701's :P

Edit: Also to put in perspective, I've spent more on my computers then I ever have on cars.
I've owned 5 cars :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

your post strictly asked for "thoughts opinions" 

then you get  some and now you are butthurt.    LOL

I am glad that A2DP bluetooth is getting better and I am a fan of and one of wireless (I use corsair V2K daily) it is nice to see how new tech has made earbud technology better and earbuds still have to fight with the shitty apple-buds stigma. that said, I'll still wait for bluetooth tech to advance and mature a bit more. 

the next earcandy I buy will be an ath-cks99 or the akg 701's

people judge you based on what you buy?

I posted a topic regarding Jaybirds Bluebuds X earbuds and everyone was like "Really? 130$ for a pair of headphones? My skullcandies are so much better than those" and such

It's that person's money, you don't decide for them whether or not they buy it.

People ask for OPINIONS not BIASED comments.

I'm just saying it's quite annoying when people are indirectly saying "why are you wasting that much money on _____"

Click here for the topic if you don't know what I'm talking about...

Yeah those Jaybirds are crap, as a fellow forum member and friend I'd be willing to relieve you of them any time you see fit... 

In all seriousness, from what I've heard they're really good earbuds and I'd love to have the wireless Bluetooth feature while going for a walk/run/workout.

That guy was wrong and doesn't seem to be well educated in audio equipment. Don't worry about it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I dont give a dam what people think about me. I just tye dyed my shoes pink on accident but im still going to wear them cuz I dont give a dam.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I dont give a dam what people think about me. I just tye dyed my shoes pink on accident but im still going to wear them cuz I dont give a dam.

pink is my fav color :o

BLAOW!!!!

Ikr!?

People are so butthurt that I like CoD (kind of) and Beats by dr dre lmao

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Everyone around me at work think i'm nuts... I'm a few years younger (12 years younger than the next youngest guy) and I have a set of Shure 535's. They found out the price and thought I was mad. I commute 1.5hours each way to work and they are truely the best money I have ever spent. They could have been $2000 and they still would have been worth it. I also recently bought a Ducky with MX blues. Again they thought I was nuts but hell, the amount of typing a nd processing that I do whats a $130 to use a premium product that actually makes your job that little bit more enjoyable (enjoyable as it feels better and its SO OBNOXIOUS to everyone else in the office)

As long as you've done you research and your not being a dick spending heaps and flaunting it just because you can, all you need to do is justify it to yourself and that's good enough.

DeeG

If you really like it and you know that it is a quality product, who the heck cares what people think. 

I just can care less...

I tend to buy the most unknown brand names and the most weirdest products...

I am not really sure why, I just have my own way to research and process information

brand names are not a solid argument for me, but if there is a solid reason behind, then I can see the point

The only instance where I had paid more than 130USD for a pair of buds is the Ety I'd gotten to go with a battery powered headphone amp I had gotten a ways back. The Ety was great for classical pieces and vocals like Amanda McBroom's Dreaming (was into them back then). Anyway, I now have a Senn CX200 + Samsung S4 for my daily commute, excellent pair of ear buds at a very reasonable price.

BTW, you had asked for opinions, so there are bound to be some naysayers.......some who think the ear buds sucks in term of sound, price, looks....all of the afore-mentioned. If you can't take critiques, you should not have asked for opinions and such. Besides, forums like this one is a place for others to learn about new stuff, and to share experience.....not all of us are going to see eye-to-eye about such things, so it's best to have a thick skin when you ask for opinions.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

This thread makes no sense. You asked for thoughts and opinions in the thread you linked, so people gave you their thoughts and opinions.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

just got a gxt 780 and almost eeeevryone says that its a huge waste of money and that i can get the same thing for 200 bucks, gosh its so annoying. and when i built my computer i bougth components to match eachother etc so people are asking me why im spending money that makes my pc to look better but dont give me a performance boost.

but i can help when you uneducated and you were about to buy a gtx 650 for 250$....

got a 650 for half a year ago (wanted a getter gpu unti i started a new build from scratch, done now) i got gtx 650 for around 100 bucks

Yeah people in my school are like wtf dude you spent loads of a mechanical keyboard while they blow hundreds in those Dr Dre Beats whatsit headphones.

All the damn time...

I too hate this, also the whole android vs IOS or anything else war (please don't hurt me)

If that product does what the person wants it to and they are happy then leave them be.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS