Arozzi Torretta XL

One of the reason I have now both a DXRacer, is because I know they are ment to used for more then 8 hours a day, without a problem.

Most office chairs cant do that, they also specify that they are only rated to be used for a set amount of hours per day.

I dont know how much that hour rating matters, but it seems to be how long you can use the chair per day, without hurting your self (everyone who have spent a day on a crappy chair, know what I mean).

Most all good office desk chairs are intended to be sat in 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and will still last a good 15+ years before needing replaced. The cylinders will go out every now and then, but a lot of companies have lifetime replacement on them, and some of them will even send a tech to your office to replace it.

I highly doubt there is a single gamer out there who sits in a chair longer each year than your average office worker (of which their are multi-millions).

There are office chairs with two hour ratings or so, but they are not meant to be a desk chair, mainly for conference rooms or customers. This doesn't mean they are any worse of a chair, they just have different features as some may be more comfortable or better posture, but at the cost of becoming uncomfortable after an extended period of time.

I'm sure their chairs aren't horrible, but If DX Racer made a chair that was good enough to compete with high end office chairs, they would sell one... but they don't and that should tell you something. They are not a chair company, they are a company that found a niche for kids who like flashy chairs and saw a way to make a buck. <- Obviously, my personal opinion. The CEO didn't come up to me and say that or anything... The way I see it, Razer and DX Racer (and all similar chair companies) have the same hidden motto, Make it look cool, give samples to all the popular Youtubers, and swim in money.

Didn't know that other people sit with a leg over their foot/knee, i keep being told thats werid by my friends! 

This chair though, it doesn't look comfy at all. I have a standard office chair and well for $10 its doing a fantasic job.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Didn't know that other people sit with a leg over their foot/knee, i keep being told thats werid by my friends!

Yeah, it's damn comfy, until you do it for too long and irritate the crap out of your hip on the angled side and spend the next couple of weeks sitting very straight waiting for the damn inflation to die down.

Which is what I heard. From a friend. 's cousin, twice removed. 

That would never happen to me. Again. Argh.  :ph34r:

I don't understand any of these "race car seat" themed chairs. They aren't purpose built for spending time sitting in a desk, they are designed around the idea of sitting in a car. I don't think they work very well for extended use at a computer, but that's just my opinion. For example, the should rests that Luke didn't like work well in a car. I think spending money on a office chair is way better.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

I don't understand any of these "race car seat" themed chairs. They aren't purpose built for spending time sitting in a desk, they are designed around the idea of sitting in a car. I don't think they work very well for extended use at a computer, but that's just my opinion. For example, the should rests that Luke didn't like work well in a car. I think spending money on a office chair is way better.

I would love to have the driver's seat on the family fan as my computer chair.

No sponsor spot on this video? damn,

nice video though, did enjoy hearing Luke tear it a part :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I'm sure their chairs aren't horrible, but If DX Racer made a chair that was good enough to compete with high end office chairs, they would sell one... but they don't and that should tell you something. They are not a chair company, they are a company that found a niche for kids who like flashy chairs and saw a way to make a buck. <- Obviously, my personal opinion. The CEO didn't come up to me and say that or anything... The way I see it, Razer and DX Racer (and all similar chair companies) have the same hidden motto, Make it look cool, give samples to all the popular Youtubers, and swim in money.

That might be, but gamers seems to love them, and if you put number of hours a gamer spends in a chair vs an office worker, so I'm sure that the gamer will win.

Also, how many good alternatives are there in that price range, which many already concider pricy for a chair?

Yeah, it's damn comfy, until you do it for too long and irritate the crap out of your hip on the angled side and spend the next couple of weeks sitting very straight waiting for the damn inflation to die down.

Which is what I heard. From a friend. 's cousin, twice removed. 

That would never happen to me. Again. Argh.  :ph34r:

No... we would never ever get like a sore foot or any pain like that... :ph34r:

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

That might be, but gamers seems to love them, and if you put number of hours a gamer spends in a chair vs an office worker, so I'm sure that the gamer will win.

Also, how many good alternatives are there in that price range, which many already concider pricy for a chair?

Like I said in my post that you cropped out, just about every office worker sits in their chair all day every workday for years on end. The only way a "gamer" could beat that and still go to school would be to sleep in his chair... which doesn't sound half bad if it can recline that far back.  :D

The vast majority of good office chairs are $300-ish, its the top 5% of them that everyone talks about that are $600+.

Its really hard to explain in words what that extra $300 gets you by purchasing those REALLY good chairs, but I really wish I would have tried out expensive chairs sooner now that I am used to them. Even as a "gamer" myself, I would much rather trade off having a lower end computer for being able to afford a nicer chair they are that big of a deal to me. I'm never uncomfortable, and haven't gone to the chiropractor for over a year where I used to go in every few months so its already saved me a few hundred dollars with that alone.

Just my $.02

Like I said in my post that you cropped out, just about every office worker sits in their chair all day every workday for years on end. The only way a "gamer" could beat that and still go to school would be to sleep in his chair... which doesn't sound half bad if it can recline that far back.  :D

You forgot to take the weekend into account. Which should make the gamers come out on top in terms of hours spent in chairs.

I ended up buying the Maxnomic Dominator and I love it so much! I was turned-off entirely at first by the hard foam because I wasn't used to it. So much actually that I contacted Need for Seat for an RMA (the experience of which was great: no hastle, quick replies, polite staff). While the shipping label was coming the foam grew on me a lot. It really does improve your posture compared to soft foam, where I'm much more likely to slouch. Super comfortable too.

I have seen and sat in a lot of office chairs. (due to continuously changing jobs.)

Which range from low-end to high-end chairs and to be honest I didn't notice that much of a difference most of them sat the same and for me cause I am 2meters/6.5~6.6 feet tall.

I could never find any decent chairs that would have both a headrest and enough options that I could choose height and so on.

One of my big requirements for my chair was not spending about 400+ euro's on the chair. (I just didn't have more money sitting around at the moment, I could afford to spend on a chair)

I in the end settled with the Maxnomic chair (the 185~200cm version/office comfort) which for me at least sat the most comfy.

Most office chairs I've tried and sat in all had the same lifespan due to the abusive use people put them through. as a reference, my ikea chair lasted me over 5 years before the mechanics started to fail on me and the cushion felt like it didn't do much and was sitting on the wooden frame. Most chairs will do the same, if you don't abuse them to hell. 

I admit these "gaming" chairs aren't the best, but they were the most comfy and sat the best for the price you would pay for it.

I also wanted a chair that was plain black and wasn't too showy. so a ton of chairs just fell off because they would have random color in them.

Maybe when I have more money I might get a different more expensive chair for at work. (I am never there cause shitty chair) But for now I really enjoy the racing design these gaming chairs use.

• 5 months later...

I had to go back and re-watch chair reviews to decide which I'll get in a few weeks, and I think I'll go with the Maxnomic by Need for Seat, as it seemed like the best one of the three.

I have two questions though:

1. Luke, did the back wings in the Maxnomic present the same problem for you as the Torretta? I'm 5'9" and I'm quite stocky so this has me worried even though you said they were less aggressive.

2. Do you guys have a referral link for Maxnomic? would be cool for you guys to get a kickback hehe