First time trying this kind of a photoshop

Hello eveyrone :)

Today I created a banner (using photoshop ofcourse) and I want to see what you think..

It's my first time doing anything like this..

post-49738-0-86824300-1424804257.jpg

post-49738-0-86824300-1424804257.jpg

where

EDIT

Looks like an AC logo underneath?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

That's really impressive!

...Where is it?

Edit: Uhm... It uh.. catches my eye.. but.. not necessarily in a positive manner..? It doesn't look very professional.. It almost looks sloppy. Sort of like the intros you see people stick in their video tutorials before they use Notepad because they don't have a mic.

That's really impressive!

...Where is it?

Edit: Uhm... It uh.. catches my eye.. but.. not necessarily in a positive manner..? It doesn't look very professional.. It almost looks sloppy. Sort of like the intros you see people stick in their video tutorials before they use Notepad because they don't have a mic.

Thanks for the feedback, and I kind agree too.. This is my first time doing this and I'm trying to get better all the time. If you have any tips or advices it would be very apprecitated :) 

That's pretty good mate, try rendering the final project on a higher resolution then the final copy, then save it as a png and downsize it to fit the size you want, in total that will give the image a little more sharpness in the final project. Also when working with text, less is more. If you over complicate a work the text will become hard to read. For a first try that's darned impressive though, keep it up!

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Pretty cool.

Some constructive criticism:

Your name is not very easily visible, so I would change something about that.

From black to red, it looks kind of blocky, as in it changes from color to color in blocks, rather than very smooth.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's pretty good mate, try rendering the final project on a higher resolution then the final copy, then save it as a png and downsize it to fit the size you want, in total that will give the image a little more sharpness in the final project. Also when working with text, less is more. If you over complicate a work the text will become hard to read. For a first try that's darned impressive though, keep it up!

Thank you! I wiil try what you suggested! 

^This

always do this with pretty much all my projects.

Including banners I make.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Pretty cool.

Some constructive criticism:

Your name is not very easily visible, so I would change something about that.

From black to red, it looks kind of blocky, as in it changes from color to color in blocks, rather than very smooth.

Thanks :) I will try to use anti aliasing, maybe it'll help :) 

Thanks for the feedback, and I kind agree too.. This is my first time doing this and I'm trying to get better all the time. If you have any tips or advices it would be very apprecitated :)

The lighting looks fake and unnecessary. The two red rings (lens flares?) look out-of-place and also unnecessary. Perhaps try a single ambient light below or above the text. You have horizontal space from the text, now give it vertical space from above and below it. If you really want to keep that distortion on the text, turn up the noise some more so it's more easily visible. Personally I'd cut it out entirely. Make your Assassin's Creed Logo a bit bigger, so it blends more and is less of a distraction. 

The lighting looks fake and unnecessary. The two red rings (lens flares?) look out-of-place and also unnecessary. Perhaps try a single ambient light below or above the text. You have horizontal space from the text, now give it vertical space from above and below it. If you really want to keep that distortion on the text, turn up the noise some more so it's more easily visible. Personally I'd cut it out entirely. Make your Assassin's Creed Logo a bit bigger, so it blends more and is less of a distraction. 

Thanks, I would try in the next few days making another one with a single light source and probably a tuned-down glass break effect.. The assassin's creed logo was allready a bitch to work with, i'll see what I can do with that :)