Just bought a PS4

PurplDrank

@Sharkyx1 - well we're coming from two different points of view then.  Seeing as the OP has both a PC and a PS4, my post was more in line with that point of view, that of a console as a companion gaming device.  Now if you remove the PC from the equation, and include multi-platform games as a selling point of the console, then your argument does have more merit, there are some fairly strong releases available that are multi-platform.

In regards to the Wii U only having a limited number of first party games.  Yeah I agree, it was left out to dry since release, but considering the lackluster year of releases we had across all other platforms last year, the Wii U did have the strongest releases and did well in marketing upcoming games for 2015 (IMO).  This year should be much better for all platforms though (in terms of releases), so there will definitely more of incentive to pick up a console for whatever reason, be it as a primary gaming or companion gaming device.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

From my experience till now Being both a pc gamers (mostly cs) and console (fifa and others) consoles are still a good way to play with your friends IN THE SAME LIVING ROOM, not in each friend in his own house.

For me playstation was convenience gaming as I had lesser time due to studies to play cs regularly and at competitive levels.

Gradually Over time now I only play ps4 and ALMOST NO PC. I know my life is shiz :x

But a Mans Gotta Game, no matter where.

@Sharkyx1 - the thing about most of those games you mentioned is that most of them are multi-platform (and available on PC).  If you already have a good PC, you're probably more likely to buy a multi-platform game on PC, unless it is ideally suited for the living room environment, not to mention if you pick it up during a Steam sale, it is often far cheaper than buying on console.  

For example, I just picked up Dragon Ball Xenoverse the other day on PS4 even though it's available on PC, because it's great to just kick back on the couch and play it.  But Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Mass Effect 4, etc. I'll definitely pick up on PC.

So to rephrase what @Scruffy90 said: Both consoles lack a solid number of really good, AAA exclusive titles (which is where the Wii U trumps the PS4 and XB1), meaning there is less of an incentive to pick one up as a companion to a PC until there are more new IPs or sequels in existing franchises.

This is what I am waiting for as well. I got a great deal on the Xbone so I have one but the only decent game I have played on it is Forza 5. I play 99% of my games on PC. But this year does look pretty good for the PS4 exclusives so I might pick one up on black Friday at the end of the year...plus I still haven't played TLOU, so there is that.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |