Just bought a PS4

PurplDrank

So today I bought a PS4 with Infamous: Second Son and Killzone ShadowFall. I've been PC gaming my whole life, an exception was when I played alot of Killzone 2 multiplayer. I must say right now, I'm a little underwhelmed with the PS4. It's a neat toy for sure, I would certainly recommend it over the XB1. Maybe it's the games I don't like, doesnt seem to be a great selection. 

Idk maybe its just on, but for now i go back to playing Insurgency on the PC

So today I bought a PS4 with Infamous: Second Son and Killzone ShadowFall. I've been PC gaming my whole life, an exception was when I played alot of Killzone 2 multiplayer. I must say right now, I'm a little underwhelmed with the PS4. It's a neat toy for sure, I would certainly recommend it over the XB1. Maybe it's the games I don't like, doesnt seem to be a great selection. 

holygrail.jpeg

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

IMO kill zone has always been underwhelming, it's fancy looking good but that's it. I'm sure that's the problem I your case.

Can't say much about infamous, I gave up on the first game, but it had an interesting story telling.

What type of games Do you fancy?

I just want a console and NBA 2K15.....

Just for the fun and banter with friends. 

System: Thinkpad T460

enjoy your console-exclusives my friend!

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

eeh xbox is More like a TV box with games than a console

:P

Yeah, it's like a multi-media player with cool games.

I think the ps4 with The Order 1866 and Uncharted 4 and games like that, and upcoming exclusives is a good option, but yeah, pc is pc.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Yeah, it's like a multi-media player with cool games.

I think the ps4 with The Order 1866 and Uncharted 4 and games like that, and upcoming exclusives is a good option, but yeah, pc is pc.

I never saw the appeal of uncharted games so no comments but there is a lot of drama over the order 1866.

Aside from it being short it's very repetitive.

And qte... Final boss was pure QTE... Can it get any more dull?

It's pretty though..... Imagen it

I

N

1080p!!

Ok jokes aside... Shooter's and qte is.. Weird..

Just give me metal gear and Armored core games and im happy!

Two things bug me on the PS4, no Spotify and no USB game storage. But I still like it over Xbox One

Ran by coffee

ShadowFall was underwhelming.  Didn't really feel like KZ, I mean I got what they were trying to do with the opposite mentalities and post-KZ3 scenario, but the characters had absolutely no depth to them.  I get the feeling they rushed it to release on launch day, didn't quite feel as polished as KZ2 and KZ3.  I still enjoyed it somewhat with the exception of the ending.

You are right though, there aren't a whole lot of games out that really draw you in, 2014 was a pretty sucky year in terms of releases.

If you haven't played The Last of Us on PS3, pick up the Remastered version on PS4.  I've been playing it and it is fantastic.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

I just want a console and NBA 2K15.....

Just for the fun and banter with friends. 

2k15 is on the PC, and its amazing. My favorite game of all time actually. 

I also have PS4 TC. I got it for sports games that don't come out on PC. Like Madden, NHL, MLB the Show etc. 

I hate Micro$hit and their crappy TV box. I'd choose the PS4 too, but I hate consoles in general and will only buy one at gunpoint.

Enjoy your exclusives and expensive games.

Soooo you come to the console forum for what then? To be an idiot troll? That's exactly what it looks like you just admitted. Take your meaningless comments somewhere else. You don't belong here, no one wants you here, and no one likes you.

Two things bug me on the PS4, no Spotify and no USB game storage. But I still like it over Xbox One

I'm annoyed by not having a YouTube app. Youtube.com/tv is dumb because you can highlight selections with the D-pad, but if you hit the X button, it still only selects what the cursor (analog stick) is hovering over.

Of course, this is google's issue with the way they designed their website, not Sony's ps4 OS.

Both consoles still lack the higher grade games that their predecessors had a year after launch.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

2k15 is on the PC, and its amazing. My favorite game of all time actually.

I also have PS4 TC. I got it for sports games that don't come out on PC. Like Madden, NHL, MLB the Show etc.

It's mostly the friends part, all my friends are on PS4

System: Thinkpad T460

Why do people by the XBone? The PS4 is better in every way.

I trip to make the fall shorter

holygrail.jpeg

AQV9L.gif

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

I hate Micro$hit and their crappy TV box. I'd choose the PS4 too, but I hate consoles in general and will only buy one at gunpoint.

Enjoy your exclusives and expensive games.

Man, that's some strong emotion over a games console. You all right?

------------

I don't see what's all the fuss about. Personally I've always liked Microsoft's services so I'd get an Xbox One over the PS4 if I had the time and money to spend right now. But some people feel different so they choose differently. All fine. I don't feel the need to verbally assault either piece of hardware. Why is it so fashionable to hate on the Xbox One? And please don't go with the "only 30 fps not true 1080p less powerful than PS4" bandwagon. Yes, I know, everybody knows, nobody in the world cares expect the relatively few people on forums like this and the Youtube commenters who, as we know, are all-knowing and ever illuminated. As I understand it the core gaming experience is good and games come as time go as it has always been. If it's enjoyable then it's a great machine.

If Xboner would have had backwards compatibility I would have a MS console now to game on and not my dead Xbox 360 sitting in pieces in my family room.  FFS MS!

As for PS4 I was just glad when I bought one I flipped it for good money plus SDM points.  I made a killing off it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I loved KZ3, but Shadow Fall is complete crap.

Both consoles still lack the higher grade games that their predecessors had a year after launch.

Like what in particular?

i had a launch PS3 and the big games were MotorStorm and Resistance Fall of Man, AC was a year after the launch and most big titles, Like GTA and RDR came around a year or two after the launch

So far the consoles have some pretty sweet games

MGSV

Call of Duty for the people who like them

Diablo III

Sports Games

Forza 5

Metro 2033

Metro LL

MGSV GZ

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Rayman Legends

Shadow Warrior

Tomb Raider

TLoU  

Warframe

Wolfenstien: TNO

Saints Row 4

Halo MCC

BF4

Killer Instinct

TitanFall

Shadow of Mordor

Alien Isolation

The Evil Within

Infamous

GTAV

AC Black Flags

Destiny

Dragon Age III

Far Cry 4

Knack

LoTF

Need For Speed Rivals

Sleeping Dogs

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

@Sharkyx1 - the thing about most of those games you mentioned is that most of them are multi-platform (and available on PC).  If you already have a good PC, you're probably more likely to buy a multi-platform game on PC, unless it is ideally suited for the living room environment, not to mention if you pick it up during a Steam sale, it is often far cheaper than buying on console.  

For example, I just picked up Dragon Ball Xenoverse the other day on PS4 even though it's available on PC, because it's great to just kick back on the couch and play it.  But Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Mass Effect 4, etc. I'll definitely pick up on PC.

So to rephrase what @Scruffy90 said: Both consoles lack a solid number of really good, AAA exclusive titles (which is where the Wii U trumps the PS4 and XB1), meaning there is less of an incentive to pick one up as a companion to a PC until there are more new IPs or sequels in existing franchises.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Both consoles lack a solid number of really good, AAA exclusive titles (which is where the Wii U trumps the PS4 and XB1)

Firstly I was replying because the other poster was implying the last gen was better in this regard, which I strongly disagree

Consoles do a better job competing with PC than working together with it, since there is so much overlap between them, my point wasn't that you should play those games on console it's that you could, ps4 had a far better first year than ps3 did.

Need I remind that the wii u is in its 3rd year and barely has more first party games than the consoles that are little more than 1 year old? And it hasn't seen more than a half dozen third party releases part year. Yeah after charging the exorbitant launch price Nintendo left people out to dry for two years without much of anything, they still charge too much for it, but at least they are trying now

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I really like my PS4, but it is used almost exclusively as a Netflix/Fifa machine in my living room. Good fun with the flatmates, but when we graduate I can't see it getting that much use.