Custom Led mod! (and no, not Led fans)

Kyuubixchidori

Hey everyone! so I always been annoyed by Led case fans. my old case had 7. it was bright and cool and all, but it was annoying at night, because it would literally light up my whole room. Next is I hate it being on fans, it creates areas of light versus a nice even whole case lighting. and finally, I want it hidden. I want the hardware to be the focus, not the cheapo fans.

hidden? check.

remote controllable? check. 

sub 15$? check.

whoah wait? remote controllable Leds for sub 15? nearly invisible? yeah its possible. And I never been happier. Pictures do not do it justice, and its just a mobile camera, so its not the best. something to remember is these can also make custom colors, and do patterns/ cycle colors. 

whoops. didnt relize how dusty it looked. apologize for that lol. pictures dont do it justice, Basically to just show a example of the colors possible.

IMG_20150223_210942_zps8b6d7da9.jpg

IMG_20150223_210934_zps555a0e71.jpg

IMG_20150223_210911_zps7f052300.jpg

IMG_20150223_195216_zps4f42a326.jpg

IMG_20150223_211200_zps24a271d7.jpg

that little black on the white wire? thats the IR reciever. 

IMG_20150223_211141_zps7e6a8ef7.jpg

angle from down by the graphics cards, to show where the LED strips are located.

IMG_20150223_211133_zps38021092.jpg

7950/7950 sexy shot. should of really changed it to red for this

I don't know if it's your camera, but that looks bright as tits.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I don't know if it's your camera, but that looks bright as tits.

Its max brightness for the pictures, has 10 brightness levels. that was the whole point of this project, so I can adjust it to the situation. theres times I want no Leds, and this I can turn down, or off, unlike case fans

If you have an NZXT Hue, you could replace the led strips and do the same too, as i did. Also can turn the light off

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

So howd you do it?

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Waterproof-300LEDs-Flexible-Controller/dp/B00B2F3KDQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1424746772&sr=8-4&keywords=5050+rgb

plus a 5$ molex to "power plug thing" to power it. because it runs off 12 volt, conviently what your psu supplies. hid it behind my mobo tray, and ran it up to the top. allowed the IR reciever to peak out though a cable managing hole, and it works perfectly. Also have a android app to control it with my tablet. the app was like 4$, but well worth it. 

If you have an NZXT Hue, you could replace the led strips and do the same too, as i did. Also can turn the light off

eh, That involves taking up a drive slot that my case phyiscally doesnt have. and besides, this is remote controllable, can place anywhere, and I have a literal 60 feet of LEDS. could get 30 feet for the price of that. 

edit, plus flightsim, I have this same stuff running around the border of my room. its fun to play with. and can all be controlled with my tablet. My next project is to pick up a 12 volt rechargeable battery, and put LEDS on my ramp for my rc cars for night time driving. Or put bright as hell leds underneath the cars. 

so much fun can be had for 1$/foot

I prefer a single withe LED strip in the top and colored component. I think colored LED are flashy and "gamer" looking (Like those case with MOAR LED FAN!!)

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

I prefer a single withe LED strip in the top and colored component. I think colored LED are flashy and "gamer" looking (Like those case with MOAR LED FAN!!)

See, that's why I love this mod. Unless I'm showing it off, I leave it on a dim red or white. And the fact it can turn into a rave is pretty sweet.

And the other huge point is how much cheaper this is then pre made PC kits

Yes I hate LEDs. But if it is used to see in the dark then I guess that's fine.

It looks a bit childish but I guess I am getting a bit old.

And art has taught me how to be a minimalist.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Yes I hate LEDs. But if it is used to see in the dark then I guess that's fine.

It looks a bit childish but I guess I am getting a bit old.

And art has taught me how to be a minimalist.

I actually got it Because showing off flashy computers is fun, My computer is faster then my 4 school buddies computers, even though they spent more. so Its fun to show off, its also fun to show off, "hey, not only does my computer look better because of the case/cable management, but it also has remote controllable lights, can yours do that?"

it literally cost me less then 10$ free if you consider it was just left over stuff. so having a flashy computer, that I can turn off the flashy bit is nice. I like it way more then led fans that are stuck on. 

I did it mostly because I will be in a dorm, and Dont want to keep my buddy up, or be obnoxious if hes doing homework ect. that and I can turn it down or off at night. so its just, Leds, but its flexible. and you can just leave it pure white. I do that most of the time. It feels like my crossfire set up is on a pedestal. 

I actually got it Because showing off flashy computers is fun, My computer is faster then my 4 school buddies computers, even though they spent more. so Its fun to show off, its also fun to show off, "hey, not only does my computer look better because of the case/cable management, but it also has remote controllable lights, can yours do that?"

it literally cost me less then 10$ free if you consider it was just left over stuff. so having a flashy computer, that I can turn off the flashy bit is nice. I like it way more then led fans that are stuck on. 

I did it mostly because I will be in a dorm, and Dont want to keep my buddy up, or be obnoxious if hes doing homework ect. that and I can turn it down or off at night. so its just, Leds, but its flexible. and you can just leave it pure white. I do that most of the time. It feels like my crossfire set up is on a pedestal. 

Completely opposite here.

My first PC is an aggressive looking PC (Cooler Master HAF XM).

home1.png

And I put 5 blue LED Jetflo 120 fans in it.

41Hak8K8ulL._SX300_.jpg

When I show my PC to my friends they are only amazed (not impressed) for only 5secs before dismissing it. When I got a bit older and wiser I stopped caring about LED and windows.

So when I eventually got the Define R5 I can now see why flashy is junk, my friends prefer a cleaner PC not flashy. I am now also blind to flashy PC.

6834_36_fractal_design_define_r5_mid_tow

It really depends on which part of the world you live in I guess.

But as a (was) art student we were taught subtlety and elegant is more powerful than flashy, bold images. I guess that is how my opinion changed over the years.

I was only a PC gamer for only 2 years so I changed my case within less than a year :D . I wasted $200+ lol

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU