SHIELD portable may become controller for nuclear submarines

Go_On_Shadow

So What are your thoughts?
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/02/23/nvidia-shield-submarine/

Tweet from Nvidia:
https://twitter.com/nvidia/status/569904046300991488

nvidia claims that"This is more than just the tale of how our SHIELD gaming portable has a shot at a field promotion. It’s also a story about how a generation that grew up with digital tools is redefining the U.S. Navy. And they’re steering the world’s most advanced warships towards the lightweight, low-cost gear they’re already comfortable with. :) " .

Personally IMO this is awesome. Something familiar and comfortable to these people is something rare that they get to use. 

I just felt like I needed somthing here

Posting Guidelines:

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the   :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

Those are my thoughts

That's kinda like using any other game controller to control something other games, i.e. wii controller to control raspi robot.  Not that special.  Final thoughts verdict: meh.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Neat

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think it's cool that they can use game controllers to control their stuff. I've seen a picture of a guy using a 360 controller to control some sort of bomb defusing robot. A Shield controlling a submarine is pretty cool too. Especially if they have it setup to show relevant data or cameras on the screen.