Watercooling set up

Hi guys, so I'm thinking about doing a custom watercooling loop. I have an i7 4770k, and a 780ti EVGA sc/acx cooler. anyone recommend some not too expensive waterblocks, resevoir, pump etc. everything needed for a custom loop. thanks a lot

I don't know if budget full custom water cooling is a thing tbh. Most of the parts are quite expensive.

Whats your budget? Maybe someone will know how better to advise you. 

Don't forget to follow your posts! @Jev96

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I don't know if budget full custom water cooling is a thing tbh. Most of the parts are quite expensive.

Whats your budget? Maybe someone will know how better to advise you. 

Don't forget to follow your posts! @Jev96

I agree, i would go with a AIO Water Cooling solution, maybe one for the CPU and one for the GPU.

NZXT Kraken 41 or 61 for the CPU

NZXT Kraken 41 or 61 + NZXT Kraken G10 for GPU

My PC specs: Intel Core i7-920, Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme, 9GB Corsair XMS3, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce, 1TB WD, Be Quiet Straight Power 10 500W

I agree, i would go with a AIO Water Cooling solution, maybe one for the CPU and one for the GPU.

NZXT Kraken 41 or 61 for the CPU

NZXT Kraken 41 or 61 + NZXT Kraken G10 for GPU

I highly agree with going with an AIO loop like that, easy and simple with great performance.  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

First off,

make sure you know what you are getting into... If you aren't going to be running some hard overclocks, you can probably get by on air or an all in one cooler like the H110.

Custom loops can easily jump by $100's of dollars and you can be in the $500-$600 range before you know it...

Another thing to ponder,

You are almost guaranteed to be spending $100 at least on a GPU block. Considering that you are already a series behind

on your GPU, you may want to just do a CPU loop and wait until later to add the GPU if you are planning a GPU

upgrade in the next year or two...

Look on youtube, Linus and JayzTwoCents both have great videos on watercooling.

JayzTwoCents actually builds customer water-cooled rigs and knows all the ins and outs of everything cooled with a sploosh,

he has a great "How to water cool under and $800 budget" video that's worth a look...

Not at all bashing or downplaying Linus, but they have two different backgrounds and I have found both very helpful to my builds...

Just my $0.02

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

I found out the hard way how expensive watercooling is. 

Thought to myself... hmm just need a waterblock/rad/pump and good to go! 

Then all the tubing, fittings, coolant, specialized tools, and little things added up.

Ended up spending 1k on my loop. 

Haha thanks for all your input guys, I'll be sure to check JayzTwoCents out. I know it's pretty expensive but it looks so good having a custom loop  :o

I found out the hard way how expensive watercooling is.

Thought to myself... hmm just need a waterblock/rad/pump and good to go!

Then all the tubing, fittings, coolant, specialized tools, and little things added up.

Ended up spending 1k on my loop.

How?

I didn't need any tools.

Spent 400$ on my loop

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How?

I didn't need any tools.

Spent 400$ on my loop

I went with a 360 rad and 240. Acrylic tubing with crystal link fittings. Waterblocks for two vid cards and my cpu. Radiator, pump, and pump housing. Tools that were required were a heat gun, and hack saw to cut/bend the acrylic. 

Rads were about 80 bucks a pop. 

waterblocks about 120 for vid cards, 80 for CPU block.

Rad and pump with housing was about 200

Fittings were about another 200, I did not use them all.

tubing was dirt cheap.

$880 + tax + shipping + being in Canada

= Money gone from my bank

This is for an acrylic hard tube build. So a much cheaper build is def possible. 

I went with a 360 rad and 240. Acrylic tubing with crystal link fittings. Waterblocks for two vid cards and my cpu. Radiator, pump, and pump housing. Tools that were required were a heat gun, and hack saw to cut/bend the acrylic.

Rads were about 80 bucks a pop.

waterblocks about 120 for vid cards, 80 for CPU block.

Rad and pump with housing was about 200

Fittings were about another 200, I did not use them all.

tubing was dirt cheap.

$880 + tax + shipping + being in Canada

= Money gone from my bank

This is for an acrylic hard tube build. So a much cheaper build is def possible.

Right right, I used soft, and no vid card.

One 90$ rad, one 150$ d5 pump res combo, one 90$ CPU block, 45$ of fittings, tubing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."