AMD Hiring CPU Performance Engineer For Graphics Driver Optimization

MetroP

AMD has been aggressively working towards improving their drivers for the past couple of years. The culmination of that effort was the Catalyst Omega drivers released last year. Which introduced the most comprehensive set of performance optimizations and bug fixes we've seen from the company in a very long time.

The company isn't stopping there either. AMD just put up a new job listing in which a CPU Performance Engineer is being sought after to introduce more CPU centric performance optimizations.

AMD-Catalyst-Omega-Driver-14.50_Performa

We are looking for a CPU performance engineer working with highly talented 3D graphics driver developers to optimize graphics drivers. The responsibilities include analyzing CPU bound benchmarks and games to identify a variety of CPU bottlenecks in drivers, optimizing the drivers, and providing optimization actions to ISVs. The candidate will analyze new CPU architecture impact on driver performance and translate into actionable tasks. This position requires the candidate to collaborate with graphics and CPU architects at multi-sites across multiple graphics driver components.
Qualifications and skills
•Must hold a B.S or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering
•Strong programming skills in C and C++ with in depth knowledge of assembly code
•Have 5+ years of CPU performance tuning and optimization experience
•Familiar with multiprocessing and multi-thread programing
•Understand CPU and computer system architecture
•Experience on AMD CPUs, 3D graphic driver development, Windows OS memory management, CPU ASIC design/debug, and performance tools like CodeXL is a big plus
•Ability to communicate, cooperate, and thrive in a team environment

More good news. Jim Keller is working on their next x86 core and now their looking to make performance optimizations to the GPU drivers. 2016 may be a huge turn around point for AMD if things go according to plan.

after looking at DX12 vs DX11 from anand it seems that in dx11 for some reason AMD uses more CPU % than Nvidia

i never really thought that there was a difference until recently

with DX12 it seems AMD and Nvidia are on par when it came to CPU% though

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yes, AMD is doing things right

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Can we get more funny pictures like this in future, I much prefer it to butt hurt people argueing.

Maybe if they were under spoilers, otherwise they are just as annoying.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

fc3646a02beca4bbf6c05e711f81c0eb354d2531

But that car does not have a lot of power.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I hope that someday AMD really takes Intel on again. 

Things would get very exciting. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

But that car does not have a lot of power.

It has a better power to weight ratio than pretty much any other car on the market though. Motorbike performance, but it has 4 wheels so it doesn't fall over.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Woot! going in the right direction, that's for sure :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?