[IDEA] LinusFansTips

I think the idea is pretty great(and I'd personally enjoy it, as well as contribute) but I do see some "hurdles".

As others have stated, attaching LMG to the proposed channel/videos/reviews/etc is very unlikely to happen. There are simply too many legal ramifications. One person can truly ruin it for all. You could have 99% of the community following the "format", and then one person decides otherwise, and it's LMG, not any of us - that has to "pay for it"

I think if this idea were to be successful, it would be in a community-driven and community-enforced format, without involving LMG directly. I could see it being a possibility if LMG was only attached in-so-far as allowing the forum to be used by the community (like how the Member Reviews section is now). The community would do the videos, editing, reviews and voting. At that point, LMG could offer their own personal opinions, within the forum; without legal ramifications of intellectual property being violated by using so-and-so's video, etc.

Yeah, thats the idea.

If you need any video editing with balls...

I'm with ya : D

i like this idea

Pretty good idea,  I would take part 

Thanks!

YouTube Channel Art??

attachicon.giflinusfantips.png

Thank you!

Unfortunetly, without someone from LMG responding to this, we can not use the name, not the Idea.

Name - to much of a copy so its linked in reputation

Idea - The Idea is to unite the community to do a large scale ongoing project. Without concensous, its like going on Apple forum and solicitate users to switch to Samsung phones, while you get a cut of it.

I would realy like doing this, so if you can please PM Linus or Nick or Luke or whomever to come and look at this thread.

In Linus we trust.

Have a nice day :)

Yeah, thats the idea.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Unfortunetly, without someone from LMG responding to this, we can not use the name, not the Idea.

Name - to much of a copy so its linked in reputation

Idea - The Idea is to unite the community to do a large scale ongoing project. Without concensous, its like going on Apple forum and solicitate users to switch to Samsung phones, while you get a cut of it.

I would realy like doing this, so if you can please PM Linus or Nick or Luke or whomever to come and look at this thread.

In Linus we trust.

Have a nice day :)

I believe Nick already read this (his name was in the currently reading at one point, iirc)

But: @nicklmg

@Slick

@LinusTech

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

They're probably like:
(WARNING: Comic Sans incoming)

LMAO, WTF what is with this peasant uprising? xD

They're probably like:

(WARNING: Comic Sans incoming)

LMAO, WTF what is with this peasant uprising? xD

LOL thats what Im afraid of in starting without permission

I am so in!!

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

LOL:

ec1RLHD.jpg

So good!! 

Please PM the folks on LMG, and dont mention the secret uprising :P

JK, but seriously I need a response...

Everybody just keep on pinning them on here xD

You do it... Do you know how hard it's been for me to make it these 4-5 days without any "warning points". My tongue has been bleeding for 2 days now from biting it so much.

:P

You do it... Do you know how hard it's been for me to make it these 4-5 days without any "warning points". My tongue has been bleeding for 2 days now from biting it so much.

:P

But wouldn't it be bad as a Peasant Uprising thing to start from everyone single of us pinning them once in same topic? xD

LOL...reminds me of that skit thing they used to run during cartoons years ago. The "good idea/bad idea" thing:

I made the 100th vote  B)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I think this is a great idea as long as the videos don't come in a gaddamn multi-part way!

with diffrent channel you mean a whole new channel?

I do. Its an idea.. if u have a better one suggest it

I think this is a great idea as long as the videos don't come in a gaddamn multi-part way!

LOL I acctualy like the multipart :P

Hell yeah!

I could contribute with a review of some of the components I have.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Did you even get permission to use Linus' name?

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Did you even get permission to use Linus' name?

from the short guidelines:  

- Name - suggest a name and preferably add a logo under "Art" category. - Do not suggest any ideas like "LinusFanTips", this is to close and we do not have authorisation.

But you have this on the main page:

a.jpg

But you have this on the main page:

a.jpg

Sorry to be confusing..

Look at the text under it:

Hey guys! this is the first upload. It does not obey the gudelunes, but I dont have any other thing to share. you can register and sign in to the website, but please read the guidlines first! (Under "More") Thanks Bonesy and Jimbillroo Digital on the Art

this art was made in page 3, just for fun. 

Guidelines are very important!

Look at the text under it:

Hey guys! this is the first upload. It does not obey the gudelunes, but I dont have any other thing to share. you can register and sign in to the website, but please read the guidlines first! (Under "More") Thanks Bonesy and Jimbillroo Digital on the Art

this art was made in page 3, just for fun. 

Guidelines are very important!

If I build a monitor and put "Samsung" on it... even with a disclaimer, it's still illegal :P