Corsair H110 vs. NZXT Kraken X61 vs. Corsair H110i GT

Most people like the Corsair h110 but imo i like the led on the nzxt but then the h110i but it is still not the best looking thing so i wnat to know what is the best performance wise and the gaps between them

You won't be able to get an H100i GT at the moment anyway, because they've recalled them because they start leaking at certain temperatures.

h100i or h110i?

h100i or h110i?

FUCK CORSAIR M9, GET THE KRAKEN.

My H110 broke within 6 months.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

FUCK CORSAIR M9, GET THE KRAKEN.

My H110 broke within 6 months.

Had my H80i for 3 years. 

h100i or h110i?

Putting such a huge water cooler on a CPU is overkill in the first place (I'm guessing you don't have a i7 5960X OC'd and overvolted to the ceiling). I would personnally go with a 120mm / 140mm radiator AIO. You'd be lucky to have 1 oC of difference between those two. 

Spoiler

Define 'broke'?

pump died.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Cooler Master Nepton 240M.  Noctua level silence and performance, but in water cooler form.  It only costs $100, and comes with two insanely high quality fans.  No need to go out and replace fans, $100 is all you need to spend for the best blend of silence and performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

From what I've read the X61 has pump-noise issue.

Mostly that will be related to fan control settings in BIOS/UEFI where the pump won't receive the full 12V.

Plenty of videos out there showing the Cam software and the pump speed below NZXT's specs (2400-3600 +-150 rpm).

So simply disabling cpu fan control in UEFI and the pump will get 12V when needed, otherwise not and the thing runs too slow and sounds like a tractor.

Some actually have real issues though with pump QC. My X61's pump makes too much noise despite 12V (had X60 before and that was much more quiet). I am currently in contact with NZXT about that. My X61's making noise whether 3Pin connected to motherboard, psu directly via molex or Scythe fan controller... But NZXT will sort it out, I'm sure. 

EDIT: NZXT surely is taking their time to get back to me on the pump noise issue. I was even redirected to their head of tech support, but have not actually gotten a message yet. It looks like they might be asking Asetek what is happening. I am on my Intel stock cooler for now because it's quiet... 

While waiting for NZXT's eventual response, I was thinking whether the new H110i would maybe have been the better choice. Pump noise really is annoying.

But now apparently, Corsair's new H110i (which I believe is not Asetek-made) has some 'partial recall' due to potential leaking...

Apparently, this only applies if the unit has seen negative Celsius temps during shipping; if you don't find coolant when unboxing, you're "good to go".... Quite reassuring really.

So, it's noise/broken pump vs coolant leak... muah

Seriously, I have no idea how these things are not being checked and tested more thoroughly before they are being sold / brought to market.

Many recent NZXT and Corsair rads and pumps were based on Asetek and thus had similar issues. Apparently, Corsair went to see if someone else would be better to work with. Puddle jumping all over again.

If Noctua would finally get away from that stupid brown, I might actually go back into aircooling. Custom loop is too much for my pocket / too much effort.

EDIT 2: NZXT has practically denied me support, although they admitted that their X61 has issues and that they are working on it with Asetek.

I sent them videos, pictures, screenshots, but after a long month of questions and requests from their side, their only solution is for me to FedEx the X61 to the US (which I pay), to have a look at it. Cost of shipping is half of the items value! Plus the whole thing would take at least a month, they didn't give me any assurance that they would send out a replacement right away either, they just mentioned testing.

My videos show the issue clearly, I provided all the info they wanted and more, but they basically tell me that since I am in Europe (UK), I can go f off.

Their support guy (George Perez) also never seemed to directly respond to what I was writing about at all.

It was more like trying to find an excuse every time for me to try something else, or try the same thing three times.... Waste of time.

So happy with their service, I will never consider NZXT's products again.

5950X • Asus B550-I • 32GB GSkill 3800 C14 • 3090FE • Samsung 990 Pro 2TB • Winter One • custom loop

If Noctua would finally get away from that stupid brown, I might actually go back into aircooling. Custom loop is too much for my pocket / too much effort.

My 3 cents

You might wanna try Cryorig if you want air cooling. Their R1 Ultimate and Universal look amazing and can beat out the NHD15 in some tests.

I have a Kraken X61 in my build. I had some pump noise issues when the fan speed was at 25% (a fairly annoying clicking sound). If I manually adjust the speed up to 35%  the clicking goes away and at 35% I still cannot hear the fans. Temperature wise, my CPU is consistently cooler than the liquid so keeping the fan speed at 35% does not seem to impact my computers performance.

Minus that, I really enjoy my Kraken. Also now that the bugs are mostly sorted out the CAM software is very nice.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

I purchased the x61 a week ago and I've had nothing but problems with the pump and the super buggy cams software, and to top it all off, the fitting connected to the radiator was very loose to the point where you could spin the outer portion of the fitting with your fingers. I got fed up with the product and decided to return it to Newegg for a full refund. Never again will I buy a cpu cooler from nzxt.

• 2 months later...

I went from a H80i to the Kraken x61 - The H80i had a problem cooling when PC was under load, temps went to 85-90° just watching youtube.

The problem develop over time after purchasing it in October 2014, changed to the Kraken X61 OMG what a piece of kit runs near silent compared to the H80i and is so much better performance overall. Idle temps down to 22° using a i7 4790k running at stock boost speed 4.4 and full load not gone above 72°.

The noise levels of the H80i was very load too, the fans could be heard in other rooms of the house. The Kraken is near on silent :)

Now the software side of things had a similar story. Corsair Link would not recognised my second GTX 970 in SLI and would at its own accord alter my fans speeds for no reason and fter doing so all it changed was the volume of noise as it had no effect on the displayed temps at all. NZXT's CAM software has been absolutely flawless works exactly as it says it should. I could not be any more happy.

Only regret is I should have done more research and changed sooner.

Intel i7 4790k | NZXT H440 | Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | Corsair AXi 860W  | ROG Swift PG278Q | Corsair K70 Vengence | Razor Deathadder

Honestly IMO the Corsair H110i GT is the Go-To AIO right now, it is the newest, recently recalled and fixed (now its almost guaranteed to work and if it doesn't corsair has great customer support compared to NZXT, 

this video shows how it stacks up to a lot of other AIOs at many different situations

Tl;dr Get the H110i GT, you won't regret it

CPU i7 4790K @4.8GHz | Motherboard ASUS HERO VII Z97 | Cooler Corsair H110i GT | GPU Gigabyte G1Gaming GTX 970 SLI | PSU Corsair HX750i

RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz | HDD Western Digital Red 1TB | SSD HyperX Savage | Case NZXT Noctis 450 OS Windows 8.1

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Mouse Corsair Sabre Laser RGB | Headset Corsair H2100 Wireless 7.1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly IMO the Corsair H110i GT is the Go-To AIO right now, it is the newest, recently recalled and fixed (now its almost guaranteed to work and if it doesn't corsair has great customer support compared to NZXT, 

this video shows how it stacks up to a lot of other AIOs at many different situations

Tl;dr Get the H110i GT, you won't regret it

Wow thats alot of corsair. Hmm what are the chances of a liquid cooler needing maintenance? 

pretty much zero chances of an AIO needing any maintenance. only thing i

can think of is cleaning the dust bunnies off the radiator.

X61 all the way do i need to say more?

Yeah, so far the H110i GT is more powerful, newer, and more recently fixed for a minor problem that was found, the X61 is great! but old compared to the H110i GT and Corsair's Customer Support is much better than NZXT's so please explain why it's better.

CPU i7 4790K @4.8GHz | Motherboard ASUS HERO VII Z97 | Cooler Corsair H110i GT | GPU Gigabyte G1Gaming GTX 970 SLI | PSU Corsair HX750i

RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz | HDD Western Digital Red 1TB | SSD HyperX Savage | Case NZXT Noctis 450 OS Windows 8.1

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Mouse Corsair Sabre Laser RGB | Headset Corsair H2100 Wireless 7.1

because of the selected shipping and the fact that they where always available and 2 friends of mine have got theirs with all the fluid out of the cooler ;)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]