3D modeling software?

Johntheawesomeguy

need a good, free one for a project I am working on, it may or may not involve 3D printing.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

Sketchup for beginners, blender if you're willing to dig deeper.

3DS Max its free aslong as you are a student 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

sketchup then blender

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3D Studio Max or Blendr 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Blender. If you're doing 3D printing check out Autodesk's 123D.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Google sketchup.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'm doing blender in college and it so cool. I'm not great at it only done low poly renders and animations so far.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Don't use just one, use several. And make sure that exporting and importing would not make problems if one of the programs don't support exporting one of the types that other can import. But usually all of them support obj and  fbx.

I like Blender and OpenSCAD, depending on what I'm trying to do.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Maya is by far my favourite. You can get it for free on the student Autodesk site. Like with any 3D software, you're gonna have to do some tutorials. Don't expect to just pick it up and run with it.

Maya is by far my favourite. You can get it for free on the student Autodesk site. Like with any 3D software, you're gonna have to do some tutorials. Don't expect to just pick it up and run with it.

Yeah i like that to. Then i needed to do 3d on autocad i was like screw this do which maya and import to autocad :D Still it takes time to master it but its great for games specially i think.

I would learn Blender if you are willing to watch a lot of videos and google things you don't know (I would recommend having a second monitor).