Define R4 Build- GTX 980 G1

joe.blair

Build in a windowed Define R4 with all fan mounts filled with 140mm fans (XIGMATEK XAF-F1451 140 RT) 32gb of 1600mhz Ballistix RAM [edited] , AIO cooler (Corsair H110 Hydro) on the Phenom II X6 1045T FX 9590 [updated], GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 and Corsair 750 Watt PSU, Sabertooth 990FX R2, and gaudy blue lights.

I'll be uploading more gratuitous shots.

(It's intended that the photo be stylized and that it not clearly depict every element inside, static eletricity has sucked dust onto the insdie of the acrylic window, and this photo is an copy of a RAW exposure on an SLR {2MB cap be damned})

post-67983-0-36846900-1424322809_thumb.j

post-67983-0-36846900-1424322809_thumb.j

Beast

Screen grab at 2715x1527, maxed settings in Wolfenstein: New Order (Had to compress for site image size limit)

And finally, some clarity:

Phat Rig

Still not in immaculate condition there with the blue LED strip (which is clad in translucent vinyl) is not proped up under the card where it's now hidden.

• 4 weeks later...

Its 8 cores and high Mhz. The TDP is too high for my mobo, but it's been running.... Frankly I was worried I'd chosen a less than ideal CPU; I'm worried I'll burn out my north/south bridge. The mobo supposedly is tuff and deals well with the high temps my 9590 produces. I do have it on the Corsair H110 AIO waterblock...

Quote:

Love the build, why a 9590 though?

Disk

Bloody love this application WinDirStat. Nice recommend from Linus Media Group.

Also, Thank you :-)

Quote:

What concerns you about it?

Quote:

What concerns you about it?

Quote:

It doesn't quite hold up to an i5 for gaming and it runs really hot, it can be good for specialized tasks though.

My games are running better than ever. I've encountered crashes, but since I've tweaked things a bit I've been as stable as I'd expect a beta driver to perform, let alone an overclock  (gpu.) Then again, some crashes could have been attributed to time-outs online... I'm not wasting my time diagnosing every little thing.

I'm a graphic designer, so the performance of the gpu/cpu is appreciated for its gaming muscle as well as its other abilities.

The heatsync on the north bridge is hot to the touch though; this has me concerned. Not running an OC on the CPU, just "auto" which seems to be some form of lite overclock.

Quote:

It doesn't quite hold up to an i5 for gaming and it runs really hot, it can be good for specialized tasks though.

• 2 months later...

Glass Panel Mod

Replaced the acrylic lens with a glass one. Also took care of some cable management and popped in a geode.