iPhone 6 Plus Vs OnePlus One #MY THOUGHTS

SeventhAnomaly

Oppo Find 7 is nicer.

Skyline Notification?????  :P

Living in a parallel universe // PC Guy turns MAC.... 

Something ins't right...

Guys, I really dont know why you all feel the need to criticize Apple. Their phones' perfomance is not inferior to Android flagships, despite having "just" a 2 core 1.4Ghz A8 chip paired up with 1Gb of Ram. Specs aren't everything in benchmark and everyday use, and iPhone's prove that statement is true. iOS is so optimized for their phones that they can have the luxury of not spending more on specs. You can say their phone is overpriced, and that is somewhat true. Their materials aren't cheap, and someone has to pay R&D costs. All in all, I find that most of the users in this forum are really biased, when you should just take an open-minded aproach. I used to own an HTC One and replaced it with an iPhone 5S, build quality is a little bit superior (the screen on my One was poorly glued) and iOS doesn't crash on me as often as Android used to. The camera is also a nice improvement.

Sorry for the rant, I don't want to piss anybody off with this.

I will never understand, how a 800€ phone, with half the performance than "flagship" phones can be better/equal

Edit: not targeting your review, just saying what has been told to me countless times

Because IOS is optimized for the Iphone. The iphone still turns on faster than an android and takes better pictures than say an s5 and such

Because IOS is optimized for the Iphone. The iphone still turns on faster than an android and takes better pictures than say an s5 and such

That still does not justify spending almost 3 times the money. I, for example, am completely satisfied with my HTC One M7, flashed Android Revolution HD, and the phone is even faster than stock Android, so no complaints there ;)

Great review;

I feel like people simply buy the Iphone as a status symbol.  If you have the 1Plus, HTC 1 M8, even though they are performance wise far better.. no one cares because 99% of your friends don't' even know what they are and don't care.

A damn shame.

Great review;

I feel like people simply buy the Iphone as a status symbol.  If you have the 1Plus, HTC 1 M8, even though they are performance wise far better.. no one cares because 99% of your friends don't' even know what they are and don't care.

A damn shame.

Ironically, you're one of those friends who "don't (doesn't) even know what they are".

Please show me proof that the OPO or One M8 are "far better" performance wise.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Ironically, you're one of those friends who "don't (doesn't) even know what they are".

Please show me proof that the OPO or One M8 are "far better" performance wise.

It's such a pity that people think that iPhones are slow because of their low clock speed and few cores, yet these are the same people that agree that an Intel quad core at a lower frequency is faster than an AMD 8 core at a higher frequency. It's all about IPC, and Cyclone has about double the IPC of Krait cores. There's a reason Apple products are always used as a benchmark or baseline as to how another phone performs because they are always at the very top of every single benchmark. If you want the fastest phone, the most refined user experience, and excellent support, there's only one choice and it's Apple. If you want the best phablet, there's only one choice, and that is Samsung's Note 4 for the better multitasking. 

I've been using I devices since the 3gs. I've eventually only found my self being able to tolerate iOS whilst jailbroken. Last year I noticed android KitKat was pulling things up and decided to switch.

Got the one plus one for Christmas. Not going back to idevices in the foreseeable future.

the thing i hate most about the iphone is the price. the frikin iphone 5s,yes the older 5s, is more expensive than the galaxy s5,htc one m8,lg g3 etc . if they want to fool someone it wont be me thats for sure

also the next thing i hate is that ios is as costumizable as a nokia 1100.

but they do look nice

WP is still my fav and I love it to bits. but if I have a gun pointed to my head and I need to choose between this two,it would be the iphone. not with my own money tho. hell NO.. they person pointing the gun at me must buy it for me.LOL.. 

I will never understand, how a 800€ phone, with half the performance than "flagship" phones can be better/equal

Edit: not targeting your review, just saying what has been told to me countless times

Your issue is that you are looking at the performance. That's not everything. 

People buy the iPhone as a status symbol? LOLWAT? Apple sells so many of these, for so cheap, that its a status symbol? You guys do remember that 95% of the sales are through carriers that subsidize the phone to 200 dollars on average? Who the hell is using it as a status symbol? 

Is it so hard to comprehend that maybe, people just like using an iPhone? Or an Android? Or a Blackberry? 

Oh and here is a better one. Outright cost? Hard to use that as a reason for Android. Note 4 off contract? 800 dollars. Paying the same (or a couple hundred more) is hardly "breaking the bank" when you're already spending that much off contract. So why don't you go make fun of people who buy basically every single high end Android phone as well? By the numbers logic, they're no better than those who buy iPhones. Everyone should have a cheap OPO or Nexus then, shouldn't they? 

Some people, I swear. Look beyond the performance and the raw numbers and realize that people make purchases for reasons other than how many FPS or performance/dollar. Hard to understand, I know; but trust me, people buy for other reasons. 

But that would require a large portion of the internet to grow up. You think people bicker like this in real life? Only the socially underdeveloped neckbeards who find joy in judging people for the hardware they use. Everyone else? They truly don't give a shit what you use apart from asking "I'm looking at new phones, how is that one to use?"

People buy the iPhone as a status symbol? LOLWAT? Apple sells so many of these, for so cheap, that its a status symbol? You guys do remember that 95% of the sales are through carriers that subsidize the phone to 200 dollars on average? Who the hell is using it as a status symbol? 

Is it so hard to comprehend that maybe, people just like using an iPhone? Or an Android? Or a Blackberry? 

Oh and here is a better one. Outright cost? Hard to use that as a reason for Android. Note 4 off contract? 800 dollars. Paying the same (or a couple hundred more) is hardly "breaking the bank" when you're already spending that much off contract. So why don't you go make fun of people who buy basically every single high end Android phone as well? By the numbers logic, they're no better than those who buy iPhones. Everyone should have a cheap OPO or Nexus then, shouldn't they? 

Some people, I swear. Look beyond the performance and the raw numbers and realize that people make purchases for reasons other than how many FPS or performance/dollar. Hard to understand, I know; but trust me, people buy for other reasons. 

But that would require a large portion of the internet to grow up. You think people bicker like this in real life? Only the socially underdeveloped neckbeards who find joy in judging people for the hardware they use. Everyone else? They truly don't give a shit what you use apart from asking "I'm looking at new phones, how is that one to use?"

Well, let's be honest here, a lot of people who like iPhones like it because of the marketing -- don't know better/convinced to like it. 

Also, don't forget that Apple devices retain resale value. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The last thread that this came up on prompted me to go on Apple and HTC's websites and go through the processes of buying both (not checking out, obviously!) and surprise, the iPhone 6 and One M8 were... exactly the same price. People then started shouting "YEAH BUT PEOPLE GET DEALS FROM CARRIERS" which is a valid point, but as you say that's not exclusive to HTC.

Seeing as you're 26, you probably haven't been in a middle or high school in about a decade. If you have, you'd realize that the answer to that question is "every sub-18-year-old girl and some teenaged guys." Unless they're tech-savvy, though.

And do you not know that you still pay $649 or whatever your phone costs over the two years you sign the contract for?

Just because I like Android better than iOS doesn't mean it's better. One look at BGR and AppleInsider shows that iSheep don't think the same way.

The Note 4 and really any other needlessly expensive device are stupid. OPO FTW.

What's the view like up on that gargantuan horse?

Give me one good reason that I care about in which iOS/iPhone excells. That matters.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Seeing as you're 26, you probably haven't been in a middle or high school in about a decade. If you have, you'd realize that the answer to that question is "every sub-18-year-old girl and some teenaged guys." Unless they're tech-savvy, though.

And do you not know that you still pay $649 or whatever your phone costs over the two years you sign the contract for?

The Note 4 and really any other needlessly expensive device are stupid. OPO FTW.

What's the view like up on that gargantuan horse?

Give me one good reason that I care about in which iOS/iPhone excells. That matters.

Lots of teenage girls also have Android phones. I'd say it's like 60-70% iPhone 30-40% android for girls, and more like the other way around for guys.

Also, in the US you pay the same monthly fees regardless of how you acquired the phone (i.e. on contract vs. off contract), so no, it's not the same $650. 

I've heard way too many complaints about the OPO to consider it a viable option. For someone who has to buy off-contract, then it can make sense, but in the US most people buy on-contract. 

Camera quality, iOS/OSX ecosystem, snappier animations (which actually does make a difference), iOS generally feels like a more refined OS (naturally), the design of the iPhone (pre-6, I'm not a fan of the 6/6+ styling). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lots of teenage girls also have Android phones. I'd say it's like 60-70% iPhone 30-40% android for girls, and more like the other way around for guys.

If you ask the girls (or any non-tech-savvy teen) what phone they would like to have if money was no object, 90% would probably choose iPhone.

Also, in the US you pay the same monthly fees regardless of how you acquired the phone (i.e. on contract vs. off contract), so no, it's not the same $650. 

Actually, it is. An iPhone 6 is either $0 down on something like AT&T NEXT or T-Mobile Jump and then $27 x 24 months = $649, or $200, but access fees are $40 ($25 difference x 24 months + $200= $800) instead of the $15 they are with off-contract or $0 down devices.

If you buy off contract, you pay for data + $15 access fee. That's it.

I've heard way too many complaints about the OPO to consider it a viable option. For someone who has to buy off-contract, then it can make sense, but in the US most people buy on-contract. 

I own the OPO and love it.

Camera quality,

Don't care.

iOS/OSX ecosystem,

Apps I use look better/have more functionality on Android (e.g. Evernote and their Android-only Handwriting note), and most iOS exclusives are games (don't game on mobile) or creative apps I'd never use.

snappier animations (which actually does make a difference),

I like Material Design's flow better. I can adjust animation speeds with Developer Options.

iOS generally feels like a more refined OS (naturally)

How? I'd take Lollipop over 8 any day. 8 crashes as much as 4.0 ICS, may I remind you. That doesn't scream "refined," "user-friendly," "well-designed" or "high-end."

the design of the iPhone (pre-6, I'm not a fan of the 6/6+ styling).

iPhones are pretty, but the OPO is practical. No bendy, fragile metal. The grippy textured plastic on the back feels great and unique, and the faux chrome trim looks good while not looking gaudy like Samsung's recent offerings.

I will never buy a metal phone again, regardless of manufacturer.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

the thing i hate most about the iphone is the price. the frikin iphone 5s,yes the older 5s, is more expensive than the galaxy s5,htc one m8,lg g3 etc . if they want to fool someone it wont be me thats for sure

also the next thing i hate is that ios is as costumizable as a nokia 1100.

but they do look nice

uhhh.... you do realize the gs5, m8, g3, opo, z3 etc are all competitors to the 5s? The 5s is also as fast or faster than all those phones while being cheaper at retail after the iPhone 6 launch- $549 for the 16GB vs $599-$749.99 for the S5 through Samsung's website's list of retailers (best buy and Verizon). For good measure, Bestbuy's price for the 5s is $699.99 and Verizon's price is $549.99.

How? I'd take Lollipop over 8 any day. 8 crashes as much as 4.0 ICS, may I remind you. That doesn't scream "refined," "user-friendly," "well-designed" or "high-end."

You can twist words, but you can't twist numbers. iOS8 has a crash rate of 2.18% compared to Lollipop's 2.15%. ICS has a crash rate of 2.64% JB(4.3) has a crash rate of 1.98%, KK has a crash rate of 2.59%. Irrelevant, but iOS 7 had a crash rate of 1.96%.

Unless you can see a difference between an average crash rate of 0.03%, I wouldn't go out of my way to call iOS not "refined", not "well-designed" or not "high-end". I will however, say that iOS isn't as optimized as I would like it to be, despite Apple hardware generally running better specs than its competitors. 

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/Android+Lollipop+Has+Less+App+Crashes+Than+iOS+8+Says+Study/article37158.htm

Sorry, seventhanomaly.com is not currently accessible because it is an unknown website.

Please login to the web filter for more options. Login

fuck

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Sorry, seventhanomaly.com is not currently accessible because it is an unknown website.

Please login to the web filter for more options. Login

fuck

WAT ? Works fine here... :/ 

Living in a parallel universe // PC Guy turns MAC.... 

Something ins't right...

WAT ? Works fine here... :/ 

school filters

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? 

The Oneplus is cheap because they aren't making any money on them, aren't doing any advertising, wasn't even a "unique" new design, and they initially didn't want to produce a large number of them and still seem to avoid doing so, they also don't have a very good support system in place. 

You should visit the amazon.in Oneplus One is largest selling phone in India . But their are some disputes in India with local brand so oneplus decided to stop paper commercials and the special invitation campaigns starts with amazon.in only so they are making money .

Secondly oneplus promises amazon.in customer for full support for hardware and software issues . You have to just sipped back to amazon.in and within 3-4 day they shipped back the repaired phone. 

Seriously? 

The Oneplus is cheap because they aren't making any money on them, aren't doing any advertising, wasn't even a "unique" new design, and they initially didn't want to produce a large number of them and still seem to avoid doing so, they also don't have a very good support system in place. 

You should visit the amazon.in Oneplus One is largest selling phone in India . But their are some disputes in India with local brand so oneplus decided to stop paper commercials and the special invitation campaigns starts with amazon.in only so they are making money .

Secondly oneplus promises amazon.in customer for full support for hardware and software issues . You have to just sipped back to amazon.in and within 3-4 day they shipped back the repaired phone.